Frequent Contributor

Re: OK Who Caved On The Luminara TSV?

I just donated 3 very large lanterns to our local senior gift shop yesterday.  I got sick of trying to keep the glass clearn (luminara candles do leave streaks from the wax), and they took up way too much room to store!  I thought I might be in trouble when the TSV was announced but I just wasn't in love with the colors or the style. I'm so happy for those of you who love them - I can never say enough good things about Luminara candles!

Trusted Contributor

I started watching at midnight.  I ended up buying 5. One red,and 4 bronze. One large for my son and DIL for their 10th anniversary and 2 med for my mantel,  and small for my little table in the family room. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I would be one that is probably going to cave any minute now as I have a small and a medium in bronze in my cart.  Like someone said, they will do double duty since the he pedestal can be used with other things even though I have enough pedestals for anyone.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom  We had a lot of company on that Bronze color, all sold out except the 17" is on a ship later availability.  I wanted a small lantern and love the Bronze color.

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

I thought about the small one and the medium one, but I started thinking I would get four smalls in two different colors. Of, and maybe throw in a medium for good measure!

Good thing I get paid this week!

The pedestals make them so much more versatile! They are REALLY cute!

@flickerbulb  I love your reasoning.  lol

Honored Contributor

I am getting 1 small in slate. I will sit it on my mantel for spring/ summer with my ivory luminara lantern I already own.... or maybe put the small Heritage Lantern I already have  in slate next to it. I have to wait and see.

Respected Contributor

I have 2 Luminara Hudson lanterns and the candles eat batteries.  So this is a pass for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I got the 21" in slate.  My first Luminara lantern.  I hope the color isn't too "off."  It does look like sea glass and slate is not that color.  It should be neutral without being boring. *fingers crossed*

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I have 2 Luminara Hudson lanterns and the candles eat batteries.  So this is a pass for me.

@traveler, These should get waaay longer battery life, 500 hrs vs 175 hrs for the Hudson.  These run on Cs or Ds and that makes a big difference. HTH.

Is the shipping crazy high to AK?

Trusted Contributor

I stopped in Big Lots today and they had a black lantern that was around 18 inches tall. It had one of those cheapy fake wick candles inside.

It was $40 so we should all feel good about buying the nice Luminara lanterns!