Honored Contributor

Re: OK Who Caved On The Luminara TSV?

I love battery candles and use them for night lights more than anything but I haven't bought a lantern yet even though I love the look.  I just find nearly $50 even for the 17" to be a little too much money right now..... though I love a couple of them.... hope everyone enjoys theirs.. Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Three for me.  Cat Happy 

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

Found it very odd that David Venable claimed to decorate with different colored candles and swaps out colors based on the season. He said he removes the green candles after Christmas but keeps the red ones out for Valentines Day then puts up pastel colors for Spring. What kind of grown man worries about candles?
Honored Contributor

I'm "lantern-ed" out.  Since all of the lanterns look pretty much alike to me, with minor differences, the TSV is an easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Found it very odd that David Venable claimed to decorate with different colored candles and swaps out colors based on the season. He said he removes the green candles after Christmas but keeps the red ones out for Valentines Day then puts up pastel colors for Spring. What kind of grown man worries about candles?

@Reever, why are you categorizing this as "worries?"  David apparently likes to keep his house nicely decorated.  He has often mentioned his excitement about decorating for Christmas, as well as his favorite holiday, July 4th.  Changing out his candles to match his tastes for seasonal & holiday decorating seems right up his alley to me.  I know the hosts can make wild sales pitches sometimes, but I don't think this one by David today is one of them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Look, I'm one of those idiots who buys everything and especially what I DON'T need!  However, I'm wising up (and my daughter keeps saying, "What part of downsizing to move don't you understand".

I took one look at all of that glass (whatever it is) in the globe and thought "Who's going to go around cleaning that stuff".  I already have several of the big lamp posts I haven't put up and may not.

I could have another huge, huge yard sale.  I'd rather give it away (which I often do) than to sell it to people who want it for almost free anyway.

That's one I'll pass on, but they are cute.  I salute those who do buy them and make their yard pretty.

@Annabellethecat66  I bought two bronze for the top of my kitchen hutch.Smiley Happy  I also think before I buy anything where the heck am I going to store things, and after I bought these, I asked myself this question, but didn't have an answer, lol.

Trusted Contributor

I passed...LOL am on a 4 month shopping strike and is getting easier by the week. Smiley Happy The red ones looked pretty though. No Stormy you DO NOT need them Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Expo wrote:

Hey IG! 

I saw your little saying at the bottom about being strong. I just thought I would tell you I have that on a little sign in my kitchen! I love it. It's a great reminder for us to dig deep when we get overwhelmed by life's curveballs. 

And yes, I need a bigger house too!😄

Hi @Expo, nice to meet ya'!Heart

I too, think it's a great reminder! Mine is on a wall of my den, designated for all of my signs!

BTW.....the house is on the market......I caved on the 17" in bronze, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Reever

Just a guess, but one that appreciates decorating their home??

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

idk.. not liking the colors.. i'll pass i have too much now