Respected Contributor

Re: OK Who Caved On The Luminara TSV?

I bought the bronze one and now it says Advanced order on my order status.  It wasn't advanced when I bought it.  Not sure about that, but it will come when it comes I guess.  I have one other Luminara lantern but the flame won't move on it.  I tried moving it myself and it will move for 10 minutes and then nothing.  I even tried to snap it into place as the vendor told me they may get juggled in transport and I thought when it moved for 10 minutes it was fixed but it stops moving.  I still like it and would not send it back because of that but I wonder whats wrong with mine.

Respected Contributor

One of the candles in a lantern of mine won't move either. Very annoying.
Contributor

As much as I liked the TSV, I was determined to pass and I did. I look around my place and I have so many. But it looked nice.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Quse wrote:

Me. That would be me. I need another candle lantern like a hole in the head, as my house is starting to look like "that magical place they invented Luminara for"!
But I caved. I bought the Garnet Red small and medium ones....sigh...

@Quse

Your post made me laugh! if you think you need another candle like a hole in the head, just call me Miss Swiss Cheese!

I ordered all three sizes in the bronze, and the 19" in the ivory. 

I only hope that we get them because of all the orders (even the ones at or before midnight) saying "advance order" I'm questioning if they might have over sold with a glitch in the system. 

I thought these were really unique for Luminara. I have some other pedestal lanterns, but not that come apart and are as versatile as these. 

Hope they arrive in good condition for everyone.

@Mominohio Originally I ordered 2 medium and 4 small in red, then I saw the "advance order" glitch and considered canceling all. Then I watched more of the presentations, decided that the medium was too big, wanted the large, didn't want to pay that much.....and ended up ordering 2 small in red, 2 small in ivory.
Phew!
Now I'm on a complete shopping fast until May...the answer is just...NO.
I'm looking forward to getting these, but if they oversold and bump the EDD out, I've decided I'll cancel if I can, just because I'm becoming insane with candle lanterns...lol 

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Found it very odd that David Venable claimed to decorate with different colored candles and swaps out colors based on the season. He said he removes the green candles after Christmas but keeps the red ones out for Valentines Day then puts up pastel colors for Spring. What kind of grown man worries about candles?

A very nice grown man named David!