Honored Contributor

Talk about overkill!   I was switching channels on my TV around 7am today on Direct TV.   In a one hour time span,  I saw a commercial with Marie for Nutrisystem on virtually every channel I checked.   Then I discovered her non-stop on QVC.   I never saw so many ads for one product in such a short time.   This company must be desperate for business.   I've tried the food and understand why it might be a hard sell. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Years ago, when I was much younger I lost around 33 lbs on Nutrisystem.  Back then you went to someone (in an office and they weighed you, etc).

I mainly lived on their hamburgers, not because they were good but (because I'm so picky) that was all I could stand. 

I can't blame Nutrisystem, I just didn't follow the rules, etc.  The minute I started eating regular food, I gained it all back.

I'm sure the food is way better (it was a long time ago).  I see nothing wrong with jump starting a diet, but it doesn't make much sense unless one is totally committed and everything else that goes with loosing weight.  

The hard part is not loosing the weight, that's the easy part.  The hard part (as any overweight person will tell you) is keeping the weight off!

I'm tired of seeing it every time I switch over to QVC.  They run things into the ground so you can't stand the thought over going over to QVC!

Valued Contributor

Won't watch one minute of it...

Esteemed Contributor

I looked at the line up and knew i would not be watching the Q....but its been like that for months now...too many presentations of the TSV....and too many presentations of the other products they sell..so i don't bother even tuning in...

Now if i watch...it will be D&co or Dennis Basso...and not much of either of those....

Honored Contributor

They ran Perricone's TSV every other hour for an hour yesterday.  I kept switching back and forth because there was nothing on TV.  I wound up watching the Weather Channel.

How much can you say about putting products on one's face?  And that girl . . . OMG!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I was briefly intrigued by NutriSystem but it was mentioned that Marie lost 50 pounds in 5 months??  That's quite a weight loss in a short period of time.  I can't help thinking that in addition to NutriSystem she had a personal trainer every day and that would certainly make weight loss go faster.  Won't be ordering.

Regular Contributor

I tried Nutrisystem and did lose weight, but the shakes for belly bloat made me feel bloated and "gassy".  They did nothing to "flatten" my stomach at all.  Some of the food is ok but alot of it is hard to take. Also you can order directly from Nutrisystem and get free shipping and they do split the payments in two and they are cheaper than QVC.  Just an FYI

Regular Contributor

Marie also bought the company for that one fitness item.  I cant remember the name of it.  She does train and I think she is more diligent since she is speaking for Nutrisystem and doesn't want to gain any of the weight back.  Just like Oprah buying stock in Weight Watchers.  She said she lost 40 lbs, but she still looks on the heavy side when I just saw an ad for WW the other day.  We have to do what is best for us as far as being healthy.  QVC is shoving this down our throats today. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nutrisystem

[ Edited ]

I like Marie Osmond - but I'm so sick of her doing endless commercials. She lost the weight when she was on Dancing With the Stars --- not from eating NutriSystem (garbage food). Many years ago, I paid $300 to join NutriSystem - when they had stores -- and u went to classes (was a total ripoff). I lasted a couple of months - and lost a few pounds. Then I went travelling - and I gained back more than I lost. It's NOT a good way to lose weight - because u gain it back (and more) once u eat regular food. It's also VERY expensive.

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness I do not need to lose weight because I cannot stand looking at that awful Nutrisystem food and I have heard it tastes terrible. UGH! And Marie is so pretty- ruins her looks with the heavy dark make up. Lighten up Marie!