Super Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I bought the last round of whatever package they were calling it, and it inluded the Fast Five and shakes. I ended up canelling my autoship order because of the foods included, they were significantly bars and bean-based foods. I didn't mind the taste of some of them, and will continue to eat the food I have left. I did stick to the first week 100% religiously and lost zip zero nada! So, I stopped and began eating real food on my own. So frustating and depressing. Congrats to those of you who this worked for. I did like the ease of the whole thing, and would have liked it more if it worked!

Respected Contributor
@Lisa now in AZ if your not happy with the TSV you can call Customer Service and tell them your not getting results as stated and you can get a full refund on your purchase.
Esteemed Contributor

DH wanted me to order this for him. 

He has prostate cancer surgery this Wednesday.  I hope NS works for him. He lost 20# on Jenny Craig, then got the diagnosis. He quit everything,   (I gained 10# since)  He's hoping this will work for him.

We both know it has bad reviews and some good ones too. 

I just want his healing to begin.  Anything else is a bonus. 

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience, Lisa.

I'm using MyFitnessPal to track everything I eat and a Garmin Fitness Tracker to track my activity. Even after adding three cups of veggies and soy milk to my coffee, I'm still eating less than 1200 calories a day with Nutri System. My metabolism must be really low because I'm 73 and I can't exercise yet with the pain in my knee. I've still lost over 15 pounds and I just lost another pound this morning.

I've also noticed that my total Nutri System salt intake (per MyFitnessPal) averages around 1500 mg/day. I've been keeping my eye on that because so many here have complained about a high salt content in Nutri System. MyFitnessPal says that's not true.

Meanwhile, my blood pressure has dropped from 135/80 to 116/70 this morning. So I'm still extremely happy with my progress.

Perhaps MyFitnessPal could help you as you enjoy "real food" on your own... "Real food" almost bought me a ticket to the local OR, so I won't be doing that again for a good long time.

Super Contributor

Also, I just found this on healthline.com:

Beans and legumes are some of the most underrated foods on the planet. They are excellent sources of dietary fiber, protein, B vitamins and many other important vitamins and minerals. There is good evidence that they can help reduce blood sugar, improve cholesterol levels and help maintain a healthy gut.Dec 1, 2017

I even add two cups of green beans almost every day to my Nutri System meals beacuse they are so nutritious. I've come to believe in the last couple of months that the people at Nutri System really know what they are doing!

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

DH wanted me to order this for him. 

He has prostate cancer surgery this Wednesday.  I hope NS works for him. He lost 20# on Jenny Craig, then got the diagnosis. He quit everything,   (I gained 10# since)  He's hoping this will work for him.

We both know it has bad reviews and some good ones too. 

I just want his healing to begin.  Anything else is a bonus. 

@Mary Bailey, I hope your husband has a successful recovery.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I remember when I did NutriSystem years ago, you were allowed to change what they sent to you. You could pick and choose how many of this, how many of that, you were sent.

Did this TSV let you do that? 

For instance, I remember lot of the foods had mushrooms in them, and I don't care for mushrooms. So whenever I ordered, I would choose foods from their list of many choices that did not include mushrooms.

And because I was usually in a rush during the lunch hour, I chose almost all health bars from their list of choices, instead of having to heat something up in the microwave.

Or do you have to stick with what they send you? Or can you go online with the company and switch it up?

Just curious. Heart

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I remember when I did NutriSystem years ago, you were allowed to change what they sent to you. You could pick and choose how many of this, how many of that, you were sent.

Did this TSV let you do that? 

For instance, I remember lot of the foods had mushrooms in them, and I don't care for mushrooms. So whenever I ordered, I would choose foods from their list of many choices that did not include mushrooms.

And because I was usually in a rush during the lunch hour, I chose almost all health bars from their list of choices, instead of having to heat something up in the microwave.

Or do you have to stick with what they send you? Or can you go online with the company and switch it up?

Just curious. Heart

@World Traveler 🙋🏻at QVC you cannot change or add food. But you can choose your food if you order thru Nutrisystem direct. I have read so many nightmare stories from people who have ordered directly from Nutrisystem. Plus they have a penalty charge if you cancel your auto delivery it’s like a couple of $100. So I either order from QVC when the packages are at a good price or buy from Walmart. I only found two things that have mushrooms in them. So far I am happy with the meals. I do add things to make them taste better.
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty Thank you for your response.

That is very surprising that you incur a penalty charge if you cancel your auto delivery from the company directly. So they expect you to be on the plan forever!? Smiley Surprised

I think there was a thread before on Nutrisystem where someone said you could get frozen food too, like ice cream bars; could be wrong on that. But think that is what was posted.

Anyway, so very happy for you that it has worked, as it did for me also (25 pounds!).