Valued Contributor

For me, Nutrisystem was a controlling food system. I didn't have to think about what I was eating or when. Once I was done with it, just because I couldn't stand the food anymore and its expensive, translating that into real food was more difficult. I am one of those unlucky people who gain weight just looking at photos of food.

For awhile, I was sick, and couldn't eat food without throwing it up. I threw away a whole Thanksgiving turkey and Christmas ham one year due to that. I managed to keep down soups, baked fish, sandwiches and ice creme. Anything dense or greasy made me ill. I lost weight without realizing. My body was just never hungry. People noticed. I was like, no I'm not losing anything. One day, I tried on clothes I could not wear in years to find them too big.

I moved and found my appetite coming back. (was my apartment making me sick?) I gained back the weight after a couple years. To me, the only way I can lose weight is to not eat, but now that I am well, I find my body gets hungry and weak if I don't eat. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Many products contain diarrhea promoting sorbitol and mannitol (in those people sensitive as I a

@Bucs1  Do you mean Nutrisystem products contain sorbitol and mannitol, or diet products in general?

Valued Contributor

@Pook wrote:

When someone is really overweight and has had no success with anything else, if Nutrisystem works for them then the benefits of weight  loss far outweigh the preservatives.  There are preservatives in the majority of foods out the.re and who has the time or money to explore, find places to buy and prepare natural foods every day?    I know several women who have lost over 80 pounds with Nurtisystem and they now live healthier lives since they can now workout way more than when they were so heavy.  They all said most of the food was actually really good.  When they were eating it at work it did look and smell pretty good.  I did taste some of the desserts and liked them.

NONE of the food I eat has preservatives in it. I have the money and the time to explore and find places to shop that sell healthy food and prepare natural food. It's NOT that hard to do. Nutrisystem food has LOTS of preservatives because the dinners and lunches are NOT refridgerated. MOST of the lunches and dinners look REALLY unappetizing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Naturesbeauty , Congratulations on your success! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
@SusieQ_2 Thanks so much. Nutrisystem has really work for me. I hope others who try it will be successful too.
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty I tried it many, many years ago and it worked for me. Lost 25 pounds. So glad it worked for you too.

I was interested when Marie said she didn't particularly care for the taste years ago and mentioned they have improved the taste. I don't remember minding the taste of the food way back, but sounds like they have a lot of new items that could be quite tasty!

Super Contributor

Re: Nutrisystem TSV

[ Edited ]

I just find Marie to be disengenuous about how she lost the 50 lbs.  I know she lost a lot of it while doing 'dancing with the stars', and not from Nutrisystem (or at least not solely from NS).  

That was the one season I watch, and you could see the lbs melt off her once she started practising and dancing for hours a day.

So I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth.

Respected Contributor

I much preferthe usual vender as.She seems  more genuine and sincere and easy to listen to. I identified her chubby child pictures and talking about the years of childhood and being overweight. I am not interested in the product as one has to spend money anyway on all the add on foods to suppliment and I may as well prepare the whole meal. If it helps some great but it does have its long term use issues and pros and cons. 

Marie has changed her appearance to look hard and artificial and I find her detracting to view and listen to. It is like she is trying too hard. The heavy make up and big hair detracts from what she is stating. I dont find her believeable.

Super Contributor

Reading this thread has been so frustrating to me...

I bought this package in January because my left knee is in excruciating pain. I'm 73. I couldn't get an apt with a surgeon for 10 weeks, so I decided to try and lose some weight while I waited to see him to see if losing weight would help the pain.

In 10 weeks, I've lost 15 pounds and the pain in my knee has gone from a 10 to about a 7. My surgeon says that I have bone-on-bone arthritis and that I "may" need knee replacement in the future. But for now he wants me to lose another 25 pounds and see how I do. He's a common sense kinda guy and I like that.

Nutrisystem food is fun and tasty. I don't like to fuss in the kitchen so the delivery concept is perfect for me. After 10 weeks, I'm starting to venture out on my own a bit on my two days off and I still lose weight. But I basically like most of the food.

I do hope the negativity in this thread and others like it won't be off-puting to people who really need the structure of a weight-loss meal plan because that would be tragic, wouldn't it?

Honored Contributor

@SchippyLuv  That is awesome news! Congratulations on your success with Nutrisystem.

As to your reference about negative comments on this thread, it always boggles my mind WHY people who don't like a product go on that thread to complain about it. If the title of the thread was "What do you think of Nutrisystem?" then I would understand. But to not only take the time to read about something you already know you don't like and then to also take the time to post something negative, well, like I said.....just boggles my mind.

I've had success with this product years ago. It does work. And I am truly happy you found great results.

As someone who has also had bone-on-bone pain in my knees, I too found that losing weight has greatly relieved that pain. I rarely have problems with knee pain now, but suspect at some point I will need knee surgery.