Valued Contributor

All I can say is it works. But the moment you go off it, you gain the weight back. And you can't eat this forever. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Nutrisystem TSV

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
This “Thread” really saddens me! Marie Osmond is one beautiful person both inside and outside. If she can motivate just one person to lose weight and get healthy.........thank you Marie! I started Nutrisystem in January. As of today I have lost 18 lbs. the program has gotten me back on track of eating the right way. I don’t understand the negetive posts regarding how the food tastes. I add salads, fruits and vegetables and the food tastes great. I love the different choices with the bars. It makes it easy if you have errands to run and can’t be home for your meals. I feel so much better. All I can say is Nutrisystem has helped me in so many ways...........! Thank you QVC, Marie Osmond!

@Naturesbeauty 

Don't be sad, nobody said she's not a beautiful person. She's very sweet and likeable. It's just noticeable, and been mentioned that she's promoting a diet product but appears to have herself bound tightly under her clothing in order to appear very slender with nary an extra ounce nor very tiniest piece of moveable flesh to validate her promotion of the product as useful in the quest to lose weight. I also saw her show with her brother but many years ago. She's quite the enjoyable entertainer.

I understand the post, what I don’t understand is why one must post such a negetive statement regarding a persons looks. Marie looks amazing what does it matter if she “might” be wearing a “shaper” under her clothing. Why are women so critical about what other women look like. Negativity of any kind is never productive, it drags a person, a community down. Its easy to be negative and its human nature to be negative. But, it does no good to be that way! It only brings hurt, anger, frustration, nasty comments etc. and fosters the worst of human nature and in the end, tears down rather than builds up! Positivity is never mindless!! It is a difficult thing to attain and takes focus, determination and hard work but the payoff is big . Positivity will determine whether we will go down with the ship or rise above circumstances and be happy in anything. Not for nothing is the advice to think on the positive in any situation given by all great thinkers. It leads to peace and tranquility in lives. Just a thought.......❤️
Highlighted
Super Contributor

It's not a big deal if Marie wears Spanx.  I wouldn't want to be a celebrity and be flabby.  Heck, I don't want to be flabby just because I feel better knowing knowing things are smooth.  

When "diet foods"/healthy foods don't taste good, you need to remember that you are probably addicted to all the bad foods, like sugar, and you have to go through a period of detox.  Eventually, your tastes will change.  It is far better to eat the prepackaged foods than be overweight. 

Respected Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
This “Thread” really saddens me! Marie Osmond is one beautiful person both inside and outside. If she can motivate just one person to lose weight and get healthy.........thank you Marie! I started Nutrisystem in January. As of today I have lost 18 lbs. the program has gotten me back on track of eating the right way. I don’t understand the negetive posts regarding how the food tastes. I add salads, fruits and vegetables and the food tastes great. I love the different choices with the bars. It makes it easy if you have errands to run and can’t be home for your meals. I feel so much better. All I can say is Nutrisystem has helped me in so many ways...........! Thank you QVC, Marie Osmond!

@Naturesbeauty 

Don't be sad, nobody said she's not a beautiful person. She's very sweet and likeable. It's just noticeable, and been mentioned that she's promoting a diet product but appears to have herself bound tightly under her clothing in order to appear very slender with nary an extra ounce nor very tiniest piece of moveable flesh to validate her promotion of the product as useful in the quest to lose weight. I also saw her show with her brother but many years ago. She's quite the enjoyable entertainer.

I understand the post, what I don’t understand is why one must post such a negetive statement regarding a persons looks. Marie looks amazing what does it matter if she “might” be wearing a “shaper” under her clothing. Why are women so critical about what other women look like. Wouldn’t it be something if we all could post pictures of ourselves wearing a dress similar to Maries and see what others look like! 😱 Negativity of any kind is never productive, it drags a person, a community down. Its easy to be negative and its human nature to be negative. But, it does no good to be that way! It only brings hurt, anger, frustration, nasty comments etc. and fosters the worst of human nature and in the end, tears down rather than builds up! Positivity is never mindless!! It is a difficult thing to attain and takes focus, determination and hard work but the payoff is big . Positivity will determine whether we will go down with the ship or rise above circumstances and be happy in anything. Not for nothing is the advice to think on the positive in any situation given by all great thinkers. It leads to peace and tranquility in lives. Just a thought.......❤️

I agree with your thoughts about positivity but your comment (bold) was a negative one. Body shaming is never acceptable.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

All I can say is it works. But the moment you go off it, you gain the weight back. And you can't eat this forever. 

Nobudy should gain weight once off of it as it is designed to teach better eating habits, making better choices and portion control.

Esteemed Contributor

@Azcowgirl 

Does it still come with that booklet where you're supposed to check the food categories you've included in every meal? I recall checking that constantly to make sure we were doing it to a T. What a pain that was. My husband and & did the system twice over a period of years. He always did good on it with losing, me just sort of meh. Eventually we both went back to old habits.

@Azcowgirl wrote:

DH has lost 50 plus pounds on Nutrisystems and likes the food. He has been successful in keeping the weight off and he was never able to lose on the other programs he tried. 

Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Naturesbeauty 

I understand the post, what I don’t understand is why one must post such a negetive statement regarding a persons looks. Marie looks amazing what does it matter if she “might” be wearing a “shaper” under her clothing. Why are women so critical about what other women look like. Wouldn’t it be something if we all could post pictures of ourselves wearing a dress similar to Maries and see what others look like! 😱 Negativity of any kind is never productive, it drags a person, a community down. Its easy to be negative and its human nature to be negative. But, it does no good to be that way! It only brings hurt, anger, frustration, nasty comments etc. and fosters the worst of human nature and in the end, tears down rather than builds up! Positivity is never mindless!! It is a difficult thing to attain and takes focus, determination and hard work but the payoff is big . Positivity will determine whether we will go down with the ship or rise above circumstances and be happy in anything. Not for nothing is the advice to think on the positive in any situation given by all great thinkers. It leads to peace and tranquility in lives. Just a thought.......❤️

I agree with your thoughts about positivity but your comment (bold) was a negative one. Body shaming is never acceptable.

@mom2four0418 my statement wasn’t ment to be taken in a negetive way or body shaming regarding everyone posting pictures of them selves. I in no way was body shaming anyone! I am removing that part of my post.......sorry if it was taken out of context.
Respected Contributor

I  Don’t Know about the booklet you’re referring to @shaggygirl , DH follows the program I think more “ casually” than you did, so far has had good luck with it so different metabolisms maybe ? Idk.

Occasional Contributor

Many products contain diarrhea promoting sorbitol and mannitol (in those people sensitive as I am).

Respected Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I  Don’t Know about the booklet you’re referring to @shaggygirl , DH follows the program I think more “ casually” than you did, so far has had good luck with it so different metabolisms maybe ? Idk.

The Nutrisystem Kit comes with a nice booklet that helps you chart the food choices you make each day. It also has examples of other food choices you can add to each meal to make it even more healthier. They also have phone numbers and websites you can use to help you stay on track. The booklet is very helpful.