Esteemed Contributor
QVC sure hawks this diet program. It is so unhealthy and full of preservatives.
Trusted Contributor

ITA.  It tastes horrible and the healthiest part of the program is the added fruit and veggies you add yourself.

Esteemed Contributor
It is terrible. I tried it years ago and it really messed with my digestive system. It works like all diets if you follow them to the letter. The key is keeping it off. I eventually reverted to a smaller portions and smart choices and lost the 12 pounds I needed to lose and have kept it off for 7 years
Esteemed Contributor

While it might not be the healthiest way to lose weight, it can work very well for those who have difficulty controlling their eating, especially if they cook for themselves.  This way, the food is already packaged and all they have to do is pick one.  My neighbor is doing this and has lost 12 pounds in the past month.  She is very pleased, and it did alter her eating habits as she no longer stops and gets fast food.  It is very easy to say to just skip the fast food, but too often people are on the run, like my neighbor, and do not have time to go home and cook a healthy meal, especially for herself.  This is an easy jump start.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Its a whole boring day of shows when this is the TSV. 

Honored Contributor

@TeddixatIn an ideal world, we would all eat healthy foods we grew ourselves and prepared in our own kitchens, but the likelihood of that happening any time soon is probably near zero.   I do not blame the messenger -  people can buy Nutrisystem and every other diet product in just about every supermarket, from a gazillion online and in print sources, etc.

I do know that when I was carrying 50-80 excess pounds, the last thing I worried about when I decided once again to try to lose weight was preservatives.  After all, there wasn't much healthy that I was eating anyway.

I did try Nurtrisystem once and I did lose some weight.  Just didn't stick with it because I didn't like the taste, especially of the breakfast foods and the snacks.  But -- that was more than 10 years ago -  no idea what the current products are like, but I still probably would be less concerned with the preservatives (except the sodium related) than the taste.  I doubt we can feed the world population at the size it now exists without today's science.

Honored Contributor

Marie looks so girdled up.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Another question:Is there a lot of sugar in some of these choices or sugar subs?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

If it gets people on their right track, more power to it.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Seems like they just had a Nutrisystem TSV a couple of weeks ago.