Occasional Contributor

thanks

Contributor

I would also love to see a vegetarian option with Nutrisystem TSVs!

Occasional Contributor

meginthemaking.. do you know if that is the actual tsv price? it says qvc price

Super Contributor

@Supermix $199.98 and S&H is free

Esteemed Contributor

It's misleading because you don't get all the food shown. You have to buy all your fruits, veggies, salads and garnishes. It's very expensive for what you get.  

Regular Contributor

I decided to go for the auto ship on the Nutrisystem TSV. 

I've been thinking about Nutrisystem for a while and finally aftter I went on vacation and gained weight, realized I needed to get serious about losing weight. I saw that one was coming up as a TSV and was curious what the price was. 

I'm aware that you should buy fruits, veggies and salads to supplement the food, but with the summer growing season starting, most of this should be plentiful and reasonable. With Nutrisystem, I don't have to figure out what is good for me or not, or be tempted to eat too much. 

In the end, regardless of cost, it's losing weight and getting healthy that matters. 

Wish me luck on the losing weight part. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'll only interject here to suggest that those who choose to try this plan, take some time and really look at the nutritional and the ingredient lists on the packaging.

There is nothing healthy about this food. Some of it is high in sodium and truly healthy food is as close to natural, off the vine as you can get. Nutrisystem packaged food is not that, or even close.

As someone who has struggled with weight for a lifetime, I won't discourage anyone from taking a step toward taking control of their weight or eating habits. And if this program gives you the boost you need to get started, so be it and I wish you success.

But I think a lot of people start some program like this, and think they are eating 'healthy'. One may be eating less, and one may loose weight, but at some point, to be truly healthy in your eating, you will have to transition to whole, unprocessed foods, prepared by you, so you know what is in them. You will have to learn to control your own portions and not open a box designated as the 'right' amount for a serving. 

Again, best of luck to all who are on the journey, and I hope if you choose this it works for you, but just know that to have to rely on this long term for weight loss/maintenance is not truly 'healthy'.

Respected Contributor

I had a friend do this.  The food they send isn't great tasting or nutritionally great.  She spent hours everyday cutting up the gallons of salad and veggies she needed to add.  This isn't worth it.  If you aren't willing to do all the extra work, this plan probably isn't for you.  No matter what route you go, best of luck eating healthy. 

Honored Contributor

From my own experience, you can lose weight by eating normal (non diet plan) foods that you like, but drastically cutting the caloric intake of those foods.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

Rather than do this, I'd check out the Atkins frozen breakfasts and dinners. I am a diabetic that must cut carbs. When I don't feel like cooking, the Atkins frozen meals are my "go to foods".The dinners are tasty and low carb. I add a kale salad or some brussel sprouts or broccoli. I tried a few Nutrisystem foods that I bought at Big Lots a few years ago, for days when I didn't have time to cook. They were awful and certainly not "healthy" and for me they were really too high in carbs.

I find it hard to believe any celebrities actually eat Nutrisystem foods. I am quite sure they have personal chefs that prepare their food. They can certainly afford to do that.  

If you do decide to order it, good luck to you and I hope you like the food.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen