Reply
Contributor
Posts: 40
Registered: ‎08-16-2010

Nutri Ninja or Magic Bullet?

Hi all, I'm considering this for my brother for a Christmas...but which one is better?
Regular Contributor
Posts: 229
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Nutri Ninja or Magic Bullet?

My reply was "poofed". There is a newer version nutri ninja released in October. It is not the one being offered. Read about the problem with the nutri bullet and a possible recall in the future. Hopefully, this one won't get poofed.

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎12-12-2011

Re: Nutri Ninja or Magic Bullet?

Breea is right...Consumer Reports actually warns people NOT to purchase a magic bullet (nutribullet). Pieces of the blade can break off and possibly be ingested. They recommend the Ninja.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 229
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Nutri Ninja or Magic Bullet?

On 11/30/2014 taracorc said:

Breea is right...Consumer Reports actually warns people NOT to purchase a magic bullet (nutribullet). Pieces of the blade can break off and possibly be ingested. They recommend the Ninja.

When was this? I'm concerned to hear this! How could HSN sell this if this is the case?
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,889
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Nutri Ninja or Magic Bullet?

On 11/30/2014 NickelEmily said:
On 11/30/2014 taracorc said:

Breea is right...Consumer Reports actually warns people NOT to purchase a magic bullet (nutribullet). Pieces of the blade can break off and possibly be ingested. They recommend the Ninja.

When was this? I'm concerned to hear this! How could HSN sell this if this is the case?

I'd like to hear more about this too.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,266
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Nutri Ninja or Magic Bullet?

I have the NutriBullet 900. I love it. I have made Nutrablasts with whole beets, kale, watermelon, etc with absolutely no problems. It takes up the size of a large coffee mug on the counter.

I have the Ninja Prep system. I think they are both quality products.

Contributor
Posts: 40
Registered: ‎08-16-2010

Re: Nutri Ninja or Magic Bullet?

Thanks all for the comments! Will do a bit more research before deciding.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,168
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Nutri Ninja or Magic Bullet?

I have the original Magic bullet and love it; no problems at all. I think the right one to buy depends on what your brother would be using for most of the time. Protein shakes, etc then just about any of these would be just fine.

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎11-29-2011

Re: Nutri Ninja or Magic Bullet?

On 11/30/2014 Breea said:

My reply was "poofed". There is a newer version nutri ninja released in October. It is not the one being offered. Read about the problem with the nutri bullet and a possible recall in the future. Hopefully, this one won't get poofed.

Breea, your original post wasn't poofed. It is in another thread. Thank you for putting that valuable information in twice. It was what I was looking for . Sorry for the auto correct on your name!
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 142
Registered: ‎04-10-2010

Re: Nutri Ninja or Magic Bullet?

Have been using the Magic Bullet (almost every day) that I purchased close to two years ago. Have used the milling blade to make cashew butter, too, and it is still going strong. If it should quit, I'd get the same thing again.