Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Nuage Raincoat - what color are you getting

[ Edited ]

I needed a lightweight hooded jacket for walking my dog in the rain. The price of the TSV is crazy high, even before adding shipping, which brings it over $80.00. What?!

Picked up a very similar one locally this week at my favorite Big Box discount store. No magic pattern: half the price at $40.00 and it's already hanging in my closet. Only compromise was that my size was only available in black. Other sizes also came in hot pink or light gray, both of which I would have preferred.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Surprising myself, I actually ordered this jacket early this morning. I ordered the pink but almost went with the gray. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

None. I got one similar at Costco for $15. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I like the colors BUT...BUT...BUT....when I saw the price.....as the young folks say...

I said...

GIRL BYE!!!!

That price is TOO HIGH FOR ME!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I am tempted, if I do I will go with the blue. I bought the Susan Graver rain jacket that was a tsv recently. It is super lightweight, and perfect for Texas springs and summers. However, the hood flies right off your head in the wind, which often accompanies rain!

This one has an adjustable hood, so I am considering it!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I can't tell much difference in the pink color when the water hits in the demonstration.  So you can really see a difference?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I find it odd that QVC just had an SG raincoat for a TSV and now they are doing this.

I personally have no interest at all but even if I did, the fact that a design appears when water hits this is a total turn-off.  Maybe for a child that might be cute but not for me as a grown adult.  I can only imagine how odd the design may end up looking depending on how the rain hits your jacket.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Surprising myself, I actually ordered this jacket early this morning. I ordered the pink but almost went with the gray. 

I got the gray, it's just what I was looking for. Enjoy your pink coat !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
New Contributor

I ordered the lime green.  :-) 

I'm disappointed that the bucket hat is no longer available though - not even on Advance.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I'm getting the lime. I have a few water-resistant jackets, but this one is
WATERPROOF. I don't think that price is bad if you compare it to others that are completely waterproof. We'll see how it looks, but I don't think there will be a problem. Smiley Happy