Contributor

I am pretty sure they are all advanced orderes , I got the blue at midnight and it said advanced as soon as it went thru- says shipping out the 20th.
Not sure I like that dang zipper in the back!

The best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother~
Esteemed Contributor

They have a habit now of allowing purchase of the TSV well in advance by presenting it live.  I love Nuage jackets but I ordered the men to suit my lifestyle.  I live 2 hours from Snowbowl and an hour from Sunrise ski resorts.  We get 60 mph winds and snow in winter.  The womens was just too long and I don’t like the fur collar.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nuage Puffer Coat TSV

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

While this is a nice looking jacket, it is way overpriced.  For that amount it should be down filled.  Get yourself to Marshall's and you will see designer brands like this jacket  for half the price.

i think one of the selling points for some was that it was NOT down filled and therefore more "animal friendly," yet still warm.

@sunshine45.  The so-called "down alternatives" aren't nearly as warm as the real down.

I own four Land's End Prima Loft jackets. I buy from them because they sell petite sizes.  They are very thin and very warm.  I usually wear one everyday for walking the dogs in the wintertime.  I also bought my sister one and she loves hers too.

I also have a Lands End down filled puffer long coat...mid calf.  It is heavier and bulkier and I wear it when it is really, really cold and I need warmth for my legs too.

As much as I hate synthetic fabrics, I will bite my tongue and say that today's down alternatives are just as warm if not warmer than down and no down fluff popping out of the fabric and easier to wash and care for.

I do not think the TSV is overpriced.  A good coat is not cheap and a designer's name on it doesn't make it better or warmer.  I have better faith in winter outerwear made by a company that specializes in outerwear.  I hate to be cold.

Occasional Contributor

Good point! I never even thought about that zipper scratchong a leather car seat. Re-thinking about ordering one now. 

Valued Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I have the Nuage jacket that was presented last year and love it. The stretch is wonderful, the material is soft, and the zippers give extra room for sitting in the car. 

I have the style that has zippers up the sides. It is true to size.

I donated my older puffers and have 2 Nuage coats. 

@DREAMON, I just ordered it but I sized up. I carry my weight in my middle and backside and the coat appears a bit fitted. I am an XL in QVC sizing but other stores I am definitely and XL and an occastional 1x. It was funny that one review said it ran large and one said it ran small and you say true to size. Do you think I should cancel and get the XL?

Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone see the Ivy presented on air?  Checked and videos didn't show that color.  It looks more like a blue-green teal color on my computer.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

While this is a nice looking jacket, it is way overpriced.  For that amount it should be down filled.  Get yourself to Marshall's and you will see designer brands like this jacket  for half the price.

You took the words out of my mouth...   agree completely.  I was going to purchase the black, but as soon as I saw it was not down, and the price,  I did not purchase.

Valued Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

You took the words out of my mouth...   agree completely.  I was going to purchase the black, but as soon as I saw it was not down, and the price,  I did not purchase.

I did get a Micheal Kors packable puffer coat at TJ Max for $79.99. It is a light mocha color and very nice but I think the detail of these Nuage coats looks expensive. I amay take it back after I receive my Nuage coat. Some of the Marshalls stock is made for the outlet stores and I think not the same quality. In any regard, watch the presentation Shawn does on the other Nuage style and she describes perfectly what I am saying. I have a thing for coats and anxious to see this brand in person as looks like a winner to me.

Trusted Contributor

Puffer coats not overly attractive on larger ladies.  Look best on those very tall, very thin models.  No petite sizes.  I am 5'2", so this puffer would come down to mid calf; not the best look.  Too many zippers, and that back zipper would be a car upholstery scratcher for sure.  Colors are pretty.

Honored Contributor

Check out LANDS END.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.