Respected Contributor

@Bigbear52 wrote:

I notice they have  a tablet as a TSV at midnight. Two different sizes, an 8 and a 10 inch. I hope people don't get sucked in to buying this.  The price may be appealing, but I have never sent a tablet back as fast as the NuVision 8' with an IPS screen I bought from Evine back in January of this year. It was the slowest tablest I ever used. I don't care if this has the latest Android OS 6.0 Marshmallow. Run  away from this as fast as you can! 

Why?!  Telling someone to not buy it without any specifics as to what they don't like about it is meaningless.

Is it just because you found it slow?

Respected Contributor
@redconvertiblegirl BigBear did say that the operating system is slow and people will be disappointed with it. That is a darned good reason and looking at the reviews many are finding it SLOW, but some are comparing it to iPads, which this one certainly isn't.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

@eddyandme  The Kindle Fire is really easy to get onto wifi.  It finds all connections and you just put in your password.  Mine connects very quickly when I turn it on, so no worries there.

I'm not a fan of HP since I worked in IT in college and brand new HP computers arrived DOA because of the cheap parts, especially the hard drives.  I do pray Q and ST support you because HP won't!

@Tigriss

Thanks.  Think I'll get the Fire - $70, believe I'll get my $$$ worth. 

I only like Apple - friends have them and still working after twelve years, plus don't need McAfee - built-in virus protection.  But for now, only on my wishlist - nice "big Mac"!  And, I will be filing with the AG and have to get back to Sen's aide whom I called for AG's phone # - wasn't listed anywhere (duh), only online.  Anyways, promised I'd call her back re the HP situation.  So, totally agree with your take on HP, but also think Dell et al, are all just as bad.

Thanks again for your advice!

Highlighted
Contributor

I ordered the NuVision tablet from QVC. So far, i like it, no problems. I am not very tech savy, so I hope someone on here that is a bit more knowledgeable than I am with these tablets. Can someone tell me how to connect my FaceBook acct. to the tablet from my computer? I'm afraid to mess with it to much, because I don't want to mess something up. I would really like to be able to do FB from the tablet, especially when hubby is on my computer, but I don't know how to set it up, so, if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Super Contributor
I'm guessing this is android tablet using Google play as your app store. First you will need to set up a Google play account it's fairly easy you'll make an account and add Gmail if you already have a Gmail you can use it to sign into Google play. Google play is an app that already exists one your tablet. Once in the play store search Facebook there will be the app to download it's free as millions of other apps are also free. Once downloaded just open the app and sign into your Facebook.
Contributor

Thank you for explaining it to me. I will try it, and hopefully I can get it to work this time.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered and received the 10 inch tablet and it works fast and fine for me. I wonder if the type of internet service one has makes a difference.  I have no problem and was so pleased I wished I had ordered a second one.  I am going to get a different case from amazon.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I ordered and received the 10 inch tablet and it works fast and fine for me. I wonder if the type of internet service one has makes a difference.  I have no problem and was so pleased I wished I had ordered a second one.  I am going to get a different case from amazon.

@Happiness Is Inside JOB, I hesitated in ordering the 10-inch tablet and now wish I had.  I will get it if it comes back.  If you find a case on Amazon that fits it, will you post in the Electronics forum and/or tag me to let me know what one you got?  I know you can't post a link, but if you can tell me the name of the cover you got, that would be great.  I know I will want a cover for it preferably a folio.  Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

I will post a message when I order the case, it will be in about 3 weeks.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!