Occasional Contributor

I see some person probably from this thread posting a review about this tablet which they don't even own.  I really hate when people do that.  Its a fake review of something they don't own.  I flagged it as inappropriate and well see if QVC removes it or not.  If not that means QVC allows reviews of products people don't even own.

Its one thing I learned over the years, that the 1 star reviews usually are the fake reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an HP 10" tablet I ordered from HSN a year and a half ago....using it now and love it!  But, I was interested in the TSV, NuVision for backup and the new, marshmallow operating system!

However, I decided to wait!  Why you ask?  Lol!  Because QVC's TSV prices are not as great as HSN's deals, and I think it is worth paying an extra $10 to wait and read the reviews first!  You would spend close to that returning it if you didn't like it!  Now, if it was $20-30 less than the Q price, then it would have been worth ordering and trying it out!  I think the Q would get more sales if they really had a better price for TSV's, versus the Q price!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: NuVision Tablet TSV

[ Edited ]

@tc17 wrote:

I see some person probably from this thread posting a review about this tablet which they don't even own.  I really hate when people do that.  Its a fake review of something they don't own.  I flagged it as inappropriate and well see if QVC removes it or not.  If not that means QVC allows reviews of products people don't even own.

Its one thing I learned over the years, that the 1 star reviews usually are the fake reviews.

I do hope you're not referring to my post? I wasn't posting a review, simply stating a comment on the brand, and my experience with NuVision. What really bothers me is, how there are already 2 reviews? This was just a RSV 2 days ago.  Unless they opted for overnight express delivery, there's no way they received these yet.  http://www.qvc.com/NuVision-8-HD-Android-16GB-QuadCore-Tablet-w-Leatherette-Case-&-Vouchers.product....

Respected Contributor

Re: NuVision Tablet TSV

[ Edited ]

@shell garden wrote:

I have an HP 10" tablet I ordered from HSN a year and a half ago....using it now and love it!  But, I was interested in the TSV, NuVision for backup and the new, marshmallow operating system!

However, I decided to wait!  Why you ask?  Lol!  Because QVC's TSV prices are not as great as HSN's deals, and I think it is worth paying an extra $10 to wait and read the reviews first!  You would spend close to that returning it if you didn't like it!  Now, if it was $20-30 less than the Q price, then it would have been worth ordering and trying it out!  I think the Q would get more sales if they really had a better price for TSV's, versus the Q price!

@shell garden, I am a tablet junkie having an iPad mini 4, a Lepan, and the cheapie Fire 7.  I have never had a large tablet, so I was interested in the 10-inch w/the newer OS.  Thought it would be an inexpensive way to try this size to see if my next tablet purchase should be the bigger iPad Pro 9.7.  I didn't buy it, though, because I didn't care for the sleeve vs. a folio case, which is what I prefer.  I know I could buy one aftermarket, but I think this tablet is an unusual size for a 10.1 tablet, and I think I would have a difficult time finding a case.  I was also a little concerned with the specs and wondered if the performance and battery would lag on the bigger tablet.  So like you, I decided to wait and see what the reviews say.  I did notice that the shipping has gone up an additional $4 and the price $10.  So it will be $14 more to purchase it after the fact (plus additional tax).

As an aside, I found a 10.1 Lenova tablet on the Wal-Mart website that has about the same specs and has good reviews, so I am going to look at it when I go to WM.  There is also a folio case on the WM website that should fit it.

Respected Contributor

I meant to add in my last post that I, too, find it aggravating when reviews are posted that either have nothing to do with the item being reviewed...or in the case of the other review, someone has ordered it for his wife, hasn't tried it yet...but gave it 5 stars.  How does he know it's not a piece of junk?  lol

Respected Contributor
My RCA arrived tonight. It is doing the initial downloading of the apps and set up typical of most tablets.

I got the teal, which really is a more mint green/light teal. All the controls are on the left side along with all the ports. It is thicker than you would expect of a tablet but it does have all those ports to accommodate. It came fully charged, so no problem jumping right into it. I will update as I play with it over the weekend. I didn't have any problems accessing my wifi, my gmail setup or Android apps that I already own. Learning the buttons on screen to navigate between the different menus takes time. The keyboard worked right away and must be powered somehow, but I don't know how that is. I will have to research this. I find the keyboard more substantial than the typical tablet keyboard. All of this adds to the weight of the tablet, so it isn't light with the cover/keyboard, but better by itself. The speaker is in a horrible place that is blocked by the cover....that there is poor designing. The cover really does need some holes drilled where the speaker is so the sound can travel while you watch it propped up. I may take my nail drill and drill some holes in it for better sound.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I got my tablet and thought I was going to love it:  great size, beautiful color (pale blue metallic) and touchpad.  I charged it, then started sign-in procedures.  Everytime I tried to connect to my network, got 'authortication problem' message.  Called NuVision. Annie told me she'd have to reset the network.  Told me to charge it for five to six hours 'cause this would take a lot of battery usage.  Charged it overnight. 

Next day had great difficulty getting through, constantly getting 'your party is not answering, call back later' message.  Finally got through and spoke with Grace.  Turned on the tablet but it kept going off.  Told Grace, I had charged overnight, then unplugged it but kept it off all day since I couldn't hook up to network.  Well, we tried a few things and apparently nothing was working.  Grace said it's defective and to return to them as it's under warranty still.  Told her would call QVC 'cause no postage would be charged and would get it exchanged.  QVC's out of them and said they'd reimburse me for any postage due by my dealing directly with NuVision on this exchange. 

Called NuVision back, got Tina.  Before I said I'd exchange this tablet for another, I asked if I would receive a new replacement or just this same tablet, repaired.  She told me I would not receive a new tablet but rather the defective one would be repaired.  To me this is like paying full price for a refurbished model.  I opted to return to QVC since it's defective.

Does anyone have recommendations for an entry-level tablet similar to this model?  Never had a tablet before, but just had to replace me laptop and want something as a back up.  Thanx for your advice.

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme

I got the RCA Pro 12.2" from HSN when it was the Today's Special for $179.  It is working very well for web surfing, reading, and gaming.  I is a bit heavier than my 10.2" Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, but it is bigger and has ports for adding memeory, USB, and mini-HDMI, so it is thicker to accommodate those.  It is larger than the NuVision Q showed.  If you want something in a 8" or so, try the entry level Kindle on Amazon.  Their quality is great and on sale this Christmas.  My mother has it and uses it for everything and the kids have them as well.  They love them for surfing, reading and mostly games/videos.    I hope you find something you love!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss

Thank you. 

I'm really disappointed about the NuVision.  But, I was looking at Amazon's.  With their mid-size and new larger one can get on web plus belonging to Prime, many Kindle books/movies access with it.  Also, saw a refurbished IPad2 on Overstock at good price.  But with Amazon's on sale right now, will probably order one. 

Recently my previous laptop broke.  Niavely, thought HP would honor their warranty, but kept getting the run-around and jumping through hoops, so gave up and bought the HP TSV on QVC along with a Square Trade.  Figure between the Q and ST things should be better; my original laptop I bought directly from HP:  live and learn, right!  So, now just want a tablet for minimal use which will also be a back up.  But, the Kindle would be great for reading!  Can you tell me if they're easy to get onto the net?  My HP was a cinch!

Thank you for your advice.  Merry Christmas!

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme  The Kindle Fire is really easy to get onto wifi.  It finds all connections and you just put in your password.  Mine connects very quickly when I turn it on, so no worries there.

I'm not a fan of HP since I worked in IT in college and brand new HP computers arrived DOA because of the cheap parts, especially the hard drives.  I do pray Q and ST support you because HP won't!