Super Contributor

Notice the Lowest Price that We have Found?

I've heard this now on the Q, and HSN.  Makes me want to look on other sites, because you know it will be cheaper somewhere else!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Notice the Lowest Price that We have Found?

Lowest price THEY  have found does not mean lowest price.  They are just covering their butts with this one and for me that is ok.  I get it.  It is marketing and business.  Not a big deal to me at all.

Too me if people don't do their research on pricing they have no reason to complain.

Having said that,I did NOT say you were complaining.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is where they comparison shop:  it is not exhaustive, but it is fairly extensive.  Sure, you could probably find something elsewhere,  but make sure the components and packup are comparable.

When you see Lowest Price We Found on a product, it means that the price at which QVC is selling the product was the lowest our team found when they comparison-shopped the product. Our team comparison shops products three to five business days before offering them for sale.

The online U.S. retailers at which we comparison shop our products are Target, Walmart, Amazon, Bed Bath And Beyond, Overstock, Kohl’s, Wayfair, Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, Sephora, Ulta, Best Buy, Staples, Lowe’s, Home Depot, ******’s Sporting Goods, Michaels, and Williams Sonoma.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager when you quote a source please name what you are quoting. Otherwise you are making it appear that you work for QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Lowest Price We Found

Part of QVC’s mission is to provide great value, which means offering products for sale at prices lower than other retailers whenever possible. When you see Lowest Price We Found on a product, it means that the price at which QVC is selling the product was the lowest our team found when they comparison-shopped the product. 

Esteemed Contributor

Have to assume that legal is forcing some due diligence.

However, the evaluation of quality or similarity could be lacking.  Not something I would pay much attention to.

Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I have seen this in the past and I thought it was very good of the Q and that is… when they were announcing an upcoming TSV and gave the price they have a few times lowered it on the day of the TSV because they must have found it for less somewhere else. I have yet to see it higher than what was initially announced tho. Though maybe that’s another reason why they are waiting to the TSV day to announce the item and price. Nowadays the price could very well go UP!! Like everything else we buy these days! 😝
Respected Contributor

You know those annoying pop ups you get while online visiting sites, that are for the product you recently looked at on QVC?

That's AI at work ( artificial intelligence). The cookies on your online searches brings up all kinds of vendors that sell the name brand stuff you see on QVC, sometimes at a lot better prices.

I think that's why stuff "only stays in your cart" for a short time, and they're always telling you to hurry and buy. Which I understand. The urgency makes you think it IS probably the lowest price or best value or whatever, and they want you to buy before you go to other sites to compare.

Yes people do have pop up blockers installed, but a lot of folks do not. Or, the popups show up anyway.

It's a dog eat dog business, and retail is slowing right now. 

QVC knows you have a LOT of choices. And, on top of that, the "privilege" of no interest "Easy Pay" is now offered by many companies, so that's not even a bargain.

Lastly, on name brand stuff packages, QVC adds a little something different to most packups that are not exactly the same as what you can find in the store. Up to us to decide if another rack or sponge or some doo dad make the offer more exclusive

We all know this. It's gotta be a challenge today fighting to those discretionary dollars....!!!