Respected Contributor

Not much special jewelry TSV...

JMO but snap-bar closure style earrings are old-fashion and not comfortable. Wayyyy better in many ways and more modern are good quality Hinge-closure earring. They are prettier, secure and more comfortable. I wear a pair diamond-cut, 24/7. They’ve been on for 6 months.  Awesome.  I never see them for sale here! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Not much special jewelry TSV...

I don't like that sort of clasp that's on the TSV.  For hoops, I only wear omega backs.

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

JMO but snap-bar closure style earrings are old-fashion and not comfortable. Wayyyy better in many ways and more modern are good quality Hinge-closure earring. They are prettier, secure and more comfortable. I wear a pair diamond-cut, 24/7. They’ve been on for 6 months.  Awesome.  I never see them for sale here! 

snap bar closure hoops are old fashioned?  what is the new updated preferred closure?   Is the hinge closure  you're referring to the omega style back?  Nice for sure, but in 14k way more costly to produce.  Also they pinch sometimes.  

personally i can't fathom wearing the same pair of earrings everyday for 6 months.  glad you like your earrings though

Respected Contributor

All of my hoops are snap bar.  Don't even feel  them on, and they are easy to get on.  I have omega backs on some heavier earrings.  Wouldn't fall asleep in those,  but I often wake up with my hoops on.  Posts I always take off at night.

Respected Contributor

Sorry, I should have added a link but not at my laptop.  If you search net for ‘hinge earring’, you will see them. No, it is not the same as Omega back earring.  

I see none like them for sale at Q or HSN.  Too bad. I highly recommend.  

I also like lever backs, and don’t care for Sheppard hooks, which I have lost too many times to count. Again JMO! 

Honored Contributor

Hinged hoop earrings cost more to make. They are not necessarily old-fashioned, just a different style of closure. I happen to own many of each type and my faves are the hinged hoops with the push-lock mechanism like this because this kind of closure, imo, is the most secure and hard to lose an earring with it:

images.jpg

The hinge is at the bottom and is integrated into the design of the hoop so it is unnoticeable. The closure has the push-lock behind your earlobe and is out of site.

Respected Contributor

Thanks For the photo Silleemee!
Esteemed Contributor

Glad I got so much gold years ago.  Prices are ridiculous.