Valued Contributor

that lady who represents that company was also the lady that was on for Liz Calborne and another company before that? She moves around alot?

Honored Contributor

Liz Claiborne is gone from QVC but prior to that, Linda Davies announced that she was going to be the Northern Nights rep and Carolann was going to be the LC rep.  I think Linda may have been the rep for Modern Soul.

When LC was officially no more, Carolann became one of the Halston reps when Cameron isn't there. 

Honored Contributor

Not sure I'd agree that she "moves around a lot".  When QVC was no longer carrying the LC line, she evidently was hired by QVC to present the NN line. (At least that's my unofficial interpretation).  Again, not sure I see that a "moving around a lot".  She's a lovely lady.  She'd have made a great host, IMHO.

Honored Contributor

I liked the Liz Claiborne line, and I enjoyed seeing the camaraderie between Mary Beth and Linda. (I did have to DVR the shows to watch later most weeks.) 

I remember when Linda left Liz Claiborne to "go in a different direction." She talked about interior decorating and real estate. Carolann W. took over as the lead rep for the line. It wasn't too long after that when Mary Beth announced she would be doing a regular jewelry show in that hour. I should have put two and two together, but I didn't!

I'm glad to see Carolann with Halston, but I wish Linda had stayed with fashion. She really did a good job relating the items to us. 

At least they're both still with QVC. I think QVC is loyal to its regular vendors and will place them somewhere else if they can, which is a good thing! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

She is an employee of QVC just like all the other "on air reps".

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Liz Claiborne is gone from QVC but prior to that, Linda Davies announced that she was going to be the Northern Nights rep and Carolann was going to be the LC rep.  I think Linda may have been the rep for Modern Soul.

When LC was officially no more, Carolann became one of the Halston reps when Cameron isn't there. 

Yes, @Lipstickdiva, you're right. I own a few Modern Soul pieces myself. Their ponte pants are very nice...even today after all these years they still look nice.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MENTL wrote:

She is an employee of QVC just like all the other "on air reps".

I hardly think so.

To the contrary, companies negotiate with QVC for airtime, studios, sets, equipment, and program hosts. 

But they supply their own trained vendor reps.

Some vendor reps also develop/invent/design their own products. Seriously, you don't think pillow guy, Chaz Dean, or Bob Mackie are employees of QVC - do you?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Northern lights Lady

[ Edited ]

Linda is a professional product rep.They are there to present the products. They have nothing to do with the vendor, although they try to make it sound like they do.  The vendor may have to approve them. They all have professional pages-even on Linkedin-as well as the web. Take note of how many of the young women have moved from B Mak, Marc Fisher, Vera Bradley,Tignanello, just to name a few.. Look up the young lady who now shows the Dell computers.  Most of these people are actors or singers and this is a way to make some money when they are not acting.  It is a business.   So when the Q phases out a product they might recommend a product rep if they liked them.

Now, many vendors do send their own rep (or themselves) to present their product-like Bare Minerals and Dooney.

Now I do believe that the Q does employ people like Oscar, Craig, and Brett to help with many things.