Occasional Contributor

Re: Northern Nights Down Blanket TSV

I still have mine from years ago,still good as new after many washings. New ones not made as well. 😊

Occasional Contributor

I still have mine from years ago,still good as new after many washings. New ones not made as well. I am from Santa Fe! 😊

New Contributor

I agree the new ones are definitely not made as well as some of the older ones. I also want new colors, QVC hasn’t changed colors in years. NN was great back with Kari & Serine Steinnes were the reos. I miss the older sheets as well.
Speaking of sheets, I wonder what happened to the Amadeus bedding line. They had great sheets and high end comforter sets.
Honored Contributor

@CiliaS I liked the Amdeus line too and I also bought a lot of the NN sheets and they were wonderful and lasted a long time.  Newer items are not the same quality.

Valued Contributor

@phoenixbrd

Thoughts on down....please don't purchase, too much cruelty involved

I agree with you.  If anyone has ever seen video of the process, you would consider synthetic fibers and give up down.

Honored Contributor

@CiliaS  @Fina.  I have both a new down blanket and one that is 6 or 7 years old.  I see no difference whatsoever in the quality.  I like the seaglass color of the newer one better but that's the only difference.  Both equally warm with no feather leakage, no rustling of fabric; both just perfect.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Many of the down blankets have been reduced in price on QVC.  (some under $100.)

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I had a few yrs back and they all leaked feathers terribly!  and there was a "foul" smell too...I tossed them out and haven't felt the desire to repurchase any down products ever again.  Heck had a coat that was down and it leaked feathers!!  ya NO down for me...lesson learned.  

Frequent Contributor

Had to laugh at the story about the dog that “had a fit and chewed a hole in the down blanket”. I ordered one years ago and spread it on my bed. My big dog stood just outside the door into the bedroom and barked st the bed like crazy until I took the blanket away. Bless our furry friends for protecting us from things we can’t sense. Always do down alternative since.