Honored Contributor

Northern Nights Down Blanket TSV

Any thoughts on this?  Not sure if I'm ready for a new one.  My first one from QVC was a much better quality than my second NN down blanket so I'm a little skeptical.

Honored Contributor

Re: Northern Nights Down Blanket TSV

Thoughts on down....please don't purchase, too much cruelty involved.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen it.

Before I knew better, I bought a NN down blanket that has the shadow striping and the satin edging.  It was never big enough for me to tuck and use as an actual blanket.

I can't remember how many years ago I bought it but I still use it today.  The very first time I put it on my bed, the dog I had at the time had a fit and chewed a hole in the blanket.  I had to sew it up.  It's still sewn and I wash that blanket every week when I'm using it through the fall and winter.  It's held up beautifully.  

Honored Contributor

I absolutely love down blankets.  Just the right warmth for my climate without the weight of heavy blankets.  I got the TSV last year so I don't need another yet.  I'm still using one from about 7 or 8 years ago.  They are so much nicer than the "down alternative" blankets that flood the market these days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Subscribing for thoughts on this, too.

Last TSV the comments were that it rustled/was noisy and it stunk.

The original NN were "hyperclean", washed 3 times. The cotton in this cover might not make it noisy.

Honored Contributor

How does the QVC compare toH211138 which has 650 fill and 500 thread count?   It would cost a little more, but not sure if it is a better quality.   Also, is the type of feather in today's TSV better?    I've had two really good NN down blankets from QVC, but concerned about current quality.

Honored Contributor

They haven't said anything about hyperclean in this morning's presentation.  The full screen graphic doesn't mention hyperclean.

I know that in olden times, they really hyped the hyper clean.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

They haven't said anything about hyperclean in this morning's presentation.  The full screen graphic doesn't mention hyperclean.

That's when NN was made by Pacific Coast Feather who still uses hyperclean. Great products but not the color choices.

I don't want to spend $30 on shipping & return shipping for a stinky blanket.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Subscribing for thoughts on this, too.

Last TSV the comments were that it rustled/was noisy and it stunk.

The original NN were "hyperclean", washed 3 times. The cotton in this cover might not make it noisy.

@Snowpuppy.   I got last years TSV and experienced none of those problems.  Rustlled?  As soft as it is, I dont see where that's even possible

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@VaBelle35.   They showed a video that showed the whole cleaning process.  They said the down is washed and dried five times.