Frequent Contributor

Re: Northern Nights Down Blanket TSV

Yes, it is light weight, not like a down comforter at all.

Respected Contributor

@Mollie wrote:

Yes, it is light weight, not like a down comforter at all.

Which makes it perfect for people like me who don't like the bulk of a comforter. I keep my bedroom between 55-60 degrees in the winter, and my older version of this down blanket combined with the Berkshire velvety sheets keeps me warm.  

Frequent Contributor

The shams are sold out already? Why would you not bring in enough? That's like making a bed half way and leaving the room before you're done. And no waitlist either. I guess they lost a sale and I saved my money.

Honored Contributor

I bought one of these blankets a few years ago. Nice fabric, liked the color (I got Plum), but the stitching was coming out before I'd used it 8-9 months and the down shifting and clumping. And since there isn't a lot of down in them in the first place...it wasn't all that warming for me in winter even living in a warm climate.

I was disappointed in how it held up (or rather, didn't hold up) as far as the stitching. I'd like to buy another, but am afraid the same thing will happen. $100+ is a lot to spend on something that didn't function properly for even 12 months.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Regular Contributor

IF YOU EVER SAW THE POOR GEESE AND DUCKS PLUCKED WHILE ALIVE AND IN PAIN FOR THIS DOWN, YOU MIGHT CHANGE YOUR MIND.

Super Contributor

I'm so excited to get this blanket.  I have 4 already at home but recently bought a Split King bed.  So, good excuse for a new blanket.  I got the Sand which seems very neutral to pair with a cotton quilt.  I do wish I could get the Sand shams in a King size.  I hope they become available shortly.  I've never had any problems with any of my down blankets.  They wash well in cold water and I even dry mine on extra low.  Don't use fabric softener as it will coat the feathers.  I just throw in a dryer sheet to give it a light fragrance.  Love Northern Nights down blankets!!

Occasional Contributor

I have had one for 10 years and it is still beautiful! I just wash every month and never take it off my bed.  Maybe it is time for a new color! 😊

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

If the blanket came in a sage green, I would be all over it. These colors just don't work for me.

Oh me too.  I really wanted one.  Wonder if something similar can be found elsewhere...will look around.

Esteemed Contributor

I received my NN TSV down blanket.  I wish I could say I'm thrilled with it, but not so much.

PROS:   It looks to be as well-made as my 10 yr old NN.  It's a few inches longer, which we needed.  It's possible (but could just be me) that it's a bit thinner than the old one, but that's a plus for us, too.

CONS:   To my eye, the fresh blue has a tinge of "seafoam-y" in it.   It's definitely a different shade of blue from the old, which is a darker, more icy blue tone to it.   I prefer the old blue color.   The dots are almost invisible making it look like plain squares in some lighting.  My old one has a very obvious tone-on-tone stripe.

I'm going to wash and dry it tomorrow.  If it doesn't look brand new afterwards, it'll go back...I'm afraid to look and see if the return shipping is higher than the normal try-it fee, which will tic me off.

If it comes thru the wash/dry well, I'll probably live with it (and keep the old one as a spare lol).

Thank goodness my old (not NN) patterned shams match!   It's always something!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I received my NN TSV down blanket.  I wish I could say I'm thrilled with it, but not so much.

PROS:   It looks to be as well-made as my 10 yr old NN.  It's a few inches longer, which we needed.  It's possible (but could just be me) that it's a bit thinner than the old one, but that's a plus for us, too.

CONS:   To my eye, the fresh blue has a tinge of "seafoam-y" in it.   It's definitely a different shade of blue from the old, which is a darker, more icy blue tone to it.   I prefer the old blue color.   The dots are almost invisible making it look like plain squares in some lighting.  My old one has a very obvious tone-on-tone stripe.

I'm going to wash and dry it tomorrow.  If it doesn't look brand new afterwards, it'll go back...I'm afraid to look and see if the return shipping is higher than the normal try-it fee, which will tic me off.

If it comes thru the wash/dry well, I'll probably live with it (and keep the old one as a spare lol).

Thank goodness my old (not NN) patterned shams match!   It's always something!

@MacDUFF, I bet we have the same old NN down blanket.  I have the tone on tone stripe one too but in brown.  The stripes are very visible.  But you are right, it needed to be bigger.  I cannot tuck mine.