Frequent Contributor

Northern Nights Down Blanket TSV

I absolutely LOVE these Northern Nights Down Blankets!! I have one on every bed. My son while visiting loved them so much they took one home. I use them all year round. I don't usual praise QVC products (and believe me I have purchased a lot from QVC over the years) but these blankets are the BEST. They aren't heavy while sleeping yet you stay warm. I've had mine forever and love the new colors. I have put even the queen size in my washing machine and they wash up great!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Northern Nights Down Blanket TSV

I had several yrs ago....all I remember is that the feathers came out constantly...leaking...drove me crazy and my allergies didn't like that either.  

Trusted Contributor

@Mollie wrote:

I absolutely LOVE these Northern Nights Down Blankets!! I have one on every bed. My son while visiting loved them so much they took one home. I use them all year round. I don't usual praise QVC products (and believe me I have purchased a lot from QVC over the years) but these blankets are the BEST. They aren't heavy while sleeping yet you stay warm. I've had mine forever and love the new colors. I have put even the queen size in my washing machine and they wash up great!!

@Mollie

Wow!!  Good to know about being able to wash the queen size in your washer!  I have had one of NN's down blankets for years and just replaced it with this TSV.  Love them!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a king size one from years and years ago.  It has to be about 10 years old.  I also can wash mine in my newer washing machine but it was too big for my old top loading machine.

My only issue with mine is it really wasn't big enough for my bed.  I could never tuck it under like you do with a blanket.  But, because I tend to run warm now when I'm sleeping, I use it as a comforter, not as a blanket, especially in the winter when I use fleece sheets.

Mine is box stitched like this but has the shadow striping on it.  I do not remember what the fill power of mine is but it's a substantial blanket. 

I have never had a problem with feathers coming out (unless you count the time my dog got a little attitude problem and chewed a hole in it!).  There was never any odor, anything poking through, etc.  I don't have allergies but DH does and never had a problem.  

Honored Contributor

@Mollie wrote:

@MollieGlad to hear that you're happy with it.  I'm consdiering getting one but I have a down comforter ...what's the difference between a down comforter & a blanket?... that must be around ten years old.  Is this very lightweight?  It looks so pretty in the presentation.

Honored Contributor

If the blanket came in a sage green, I would be all over it. These colors just don't work for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

If the blanket came in a sage green, I would be all over it. These colors just don't work for me.

None of these colors work for me either.  Maybe if there was a prettier neutral beige color, I could choose one.  The antique white and sand are dirty looking colors to me.  

Honored Contributor

Pleased seeing the lovely grey color, living in Florida this is perfect.
Esteemed Contributor

I have an old one with the leaf pattern from many years ago and I love it.  I wish that this blanket was a little more decorative and not the dots.  The leaf motif is beautiful and there could have been so many other options rather than dots that would look so beautiful.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I bought one years ago & returned it. It's too hot for me.