New Contributor

Disenchanted with the regression on sizing on QVC. The majority of fashion TSVs are only available to 3X including today. Some clothing lines only go to 3X:--Idina Menzel, Canyon Retreat, Destination 360, Cuddl Duds, and Barefoot Dreams to name several   At least two of these are QVC in-house brands.  This is a disturbing trend. Is anyone else troubled by this trend?

Honored Contributor

Image result for welcome to the forum image

Trusted Contributor

Re: Non-inclusive sizing

[ Edited ]

@KassyC I am not disenchanted because QVC doesn't carry sizes larger than a 3x. It seems many, if not most, retailers do not. I am sure it is more costly. 

I also don't find this to be a "trend" as QVC has never been well stocked in sizes 4X and larger. 

Perhaps you should try specialty shops with those sizes.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's realistic to expect every single vendor or manufacturer to make clothing up to 5x or 6x.   Many will, but not everyone.  Depends on the type and lines of  the garment, too. 

Respected Contributor

Along the same lines almost all tops that sell on QVC are too long on me. There are many times I would love to purchase a top but the measurements show that it would be about an inch too long on me. For that reason I shop elsewhere. There are lots of choices out there. I do not expect QVC to cater to every person's needs.

Valued Contributor

I don't think this is a "disturbing trend", it is reality. Probably not a lot of demand or those sizes.

New Contributor

Last year 2 Fashion TSVs didn't have extended sizes.  In the last two months, 4 Fashion TSVs did not.  If expense is the issue, QVC could always do a higher price on the larger sizes.

New Contributor

And yet QVC is having shoe manufacturers make wide-width shoes and the wide widths are only being sold at QVC and not in retail stores as the medium widths are.

Honored Contributor

I can fully understand that you would want more sizes.

But I think the use of the term "trend" is mistaken.  A trend implies something that has recently become the norm.  When in fact, it's only been recently that a few brands on QVC have started carrying sizes larger than 3X.

I do notice they often sell out quickly when offered, so perhaps there will be more extended sizing available in the future.

Honored Contributor

@KassyC wrote:

Disenchanted with the regression on sizing on QVC. The majority of fashion TSVs are only available to 3X including today. Some clothing lines only go to 3X:--Idina Menzel, Canyon Retreat, Destination 360, Cuddl Duds, and Barefoot Dreams to name several   At least two of these are QVC in-house brands.  This is a disturbing trend. Is anyone else troubled by this trend?

@KassyC My guess is that there isn't a big market for that on QVC and they don't sell a lot.  And it is about the money, it is a business.  They don't carry many petites either--and so I shop where they do.

At least with the internet we are blessed to have so many options now.  I hope you find what you are looking for and suggest like me, when you find something that fits and you like, buy more in that style!