Respected Contributor

Re: Nobody asked but

[ Edited ]

@RescueLover   They look nice and I like lanterns, but I now prefer the ones where the candle is not fixed inside. 

I prefer lanterns where I can put a candle (reall or faux) inside, or have the option to not use any candle at all and fill with other things.

Additionally, not certain about the resin material.  Sometimes the resin doesn't come out of the mold properly and the item doesn't sit "level" so that is a potential negative for me.

But the size seems good and I am certain  that if they are made well customers who purchase them will enjoy them and use in lovely autumn settings.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

Pottery barn has some really great, good quality items for fall !!!

Honored Contributor

Sort of cute but I don't need more seasonal products.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 

I have had lanterns/candleholders similar to this where you were able to unscrew the candle from the bottom of the lantern if the candle ever went bad & you needed to remove it.

I do not have this particular lantern so I don't know for positive but you can see screws on the bottom in one of the pictures.

Just a thought.

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepperaccording to the product page, the candles are not removable.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@ChiliPepperaccording to the product page, the candles are not removable.

@DJs mom 

@aroc3435 

Oh, ok thanks!

I understand what @aroc3435  is saying about changing things up, I do that with some of my other lanterns that came empty.

Did you order the TSV?

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper I think they are pretty, but I did not order. I have 2 of VPH lanterns on my porch (I keep them there year round) and I have the big Candle Impressions lantern (with 3 candles inside and you can open the door) on my buffet. I really like that one.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@ChiliPepper I think they are pretty, but I did not order. I have 2 of VPH lanterns on my porch (I keep them there year round) and I have the big Candle Impressions lantern (with 3 candles inside and you can open the door) on my buffet. I really like that one.

@DJs mom 

Nice!!! I'll bet they look pretty!

I wish I had a porch to decorate - I just have a stoop.

This one?

Esteemed Contributor

@RescueLover  I think they are cute, and I would have bought them to share with my DD and my DIL; but as was mentioned on another thread, the light does not seem to spread all the way to the uppermost cutouts. It seems to leave the upper part of the lantern in darkness. I have purchased the Candle Impressions lanterns for Christmas in the past and have been happy with them. These, however have more metal and less glass, so not as bright a glow.

Esteemed Contributor

They aren't metal!