Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nobody asked but

[ Edited ]

@RescueLover wrote:
Just a thought to those who purchase. You need to be careful where you put these lanterns outside if it’s in direct sunlight or they get too hot. I know the guest says they are safe for outdoors but the candles are made of wax and they will melt if they get too warm. I learned the hard way when I had one on my front porch. The candle melted and was completely misshapen
after that. Boy was I bummed. 😔

I just heard Sue the CI rep state that the candle inside is also resin. 

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

They aren't metal!

@1Snickers  You are right! I just watched the presentation again this afternoon, and, unlike previous iterations, they are resin. Much better for using outside IMO.

Contributor

I think they're really cute, but I don't want seasonal motifs that can only be used for a few weeks a year.

Respected Contributor

No thanks!!!!  Don't need to store bats and pumpkins!  Maybe if they were plain.....

Regular Contributor

I’m sorry but I think they are overpriced plus $5.50 for shipping is a slap in the face.

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper  I did not order this set for the reasons I referenced; a year ago in June I ordered the 30 inch Luminara Lantern in Bronze and love it when it was a Today's Special Value.  It arrived that August and was worth the wait.

I have a set of large and small Pier 1 large lanterns that I can fill as I please in antique white and two rustic shabby chic grey 9th and Pike metal lanterns (also empty) which I bought this spring from Boscov's for my bathroom.  They go nicely with my Valerie Parr Hill mercury glass pillar candle holders trio purchased here about four years ago.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor
@ChiliPepper I’m wondering if DJ’s mom meant this large lantern with 3 candles by Candle Impressions that I have and love but keep inside in our dining room. Mine is Ivory colored. Item # H224655. I don’t know how to add pic otherwise I would. Maybe someone could tell me how to add a picture?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@RescueLover wrote:
@ChiliPepperI’m wondering if DJ’s mom meant this large lantern with 3 candles by Candle Impressions that I have and love but keep inside in our dining room. Mine is Ivory colored. Item # H224655. I don’t know how to add pic otherwise I would. Maybe someone could tell me how to add a picture?

@RescueLover 

Oh, maybe.

WOW, that is a beauty! I'll bet it looks amazing!!!

Thanks for pointing it out!

Trusted Contributor
Thanks! And you’re very welcome! I looked at my order status and I bought it October 20, 2020 and paid $39.95 with Free Shipping. It still works beautifully too! Highly recommend if they ever come back in stock.
Honored Contributor

@RescueLover 

I will definitely watch for it. I love looking at lanterns even if I'm not buying.

Looks like the pumpkin choice in the TSV is sold out though David just said it was on advanced orders.