Trusted Contributor

No threads about the TSV Dyson stick Vac?

It is awfully expensive! I just can not see spending so much for such a vacuum. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: No threads about the TSV Dyson stick Vac?

I have the Dyson animal and the TSV Dyson stick vac. I love both of them. The stick is perfect for light cleaning. I especially like it for under beds, in the bathroom and on stairs. I use both of them equally. 

Honored Contributor

IMO, the TSV is over priced.  I would never pay that much for a cordless.  I own an Oreck and love it.  It is extremely lightweight and picks up everything. Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I started a thread on the HOME thread regarding Dyson's stick vac and wanted to know if this new model still has the depress button to keep the vacuum running rather than a side of some sort to lock it on running without having to grip the button (pushing it down to make it run) all the time....

I bought the first TSV that came out and had to return it, I found having to depress the button to make it run the duration to be too hard on my right hand.  I realize that they want you to "save" whatever power is there so that if you stop using it for a moment, and take your hand off the button, that it will stop running.... but my hand just won't allow that....  if they've made an improvement (a sliding on off, with a permanent on if you choose and the option to just hold it on) and I would buy it.    

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Recently, when my very heavy Eureka 15" wide track HEPA filter upright vacuum cleaner power switch failed to function, I went on a search to replace it.  After much searching, I found the Bissell 3-in-1 Stick Vacuum.  It can be used on bare floors, carpet, upholstery and stairs, has a 16 foot cord and best of all, it weighs less than 4 lbs.  This vac is available at Walmart, sells for a mere $17.44, has 2884 reviews, has an easy to clean bagless reservoir and filter, and is available in colors. Although the description indicates that it comes with a crevice tool, mine came without one.

The Bissell 3-in-1 Stick Vacuum model # is 38B1L (I believe the B is for Black), Series 3881.  See:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-3-in-1-Vacuum/16481103

I love it and highly recommend it.

k2-_9161fa0b-5d9a-425f-b367-35eba1d84efa.v2.jpg
Honored Contributor

Does QVC still sell The Shark? We love BOTH sizes!

Honored Contributor

I watched a great demonstration on hsn last evening for a canister dyson at $295.00.  I'd be buying this one for sure.  I love my dyson that I've had for years now, one of the original ones from hsn in fact.  It was a christmas gift from me to me!!!  It's okay if I buy myself such a 'gift' like this but certainly n ot from my husband!!!  LOL

Anyway, if you're thinking about wanting to take the dyson plunge, this is for sure the one to get at such a great price.  It's very much like a 'stick' vac b/c you can so easily get under all of the furniture with it but also works like the upright.  It a vac can be beautiful, this one is. 

I'd LOVE to have a 2nd dyson to keep upstairs.  I just may be talking myself into this one!!!  Well worth the price, WELL worth a looksie.