Honored Contributor

From my derm: " A very sharp razor will do a wonderful job, and no, the hair does not grow back thicker".

Use a new blade each time.

Honored Contributor

I bought one years ago and sent it back.  It wasn't very effective and it was expensive.

Respected Contributor

I have coarse hair on my legs and it really hurts my old knees when I try to shave in the shower.  I would love to find a good electric razor. +

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

I have coarse hair on my legs and it really hurts my old knees when I try to shave in the shower.  I would love to find a good electric razor. +

@cindyNC 

Many people love this rechargeable shaver, including myself. I've had this for many years and I love it. 

Panasonic Electric Shaver for Women 'Close Curves'  $20

Panasonic Electric Shaver for Women, Cordless 3 Blade Razor, Pop-Up Trimmer, Close Curves, Wet Dry Operation, Independent Floating Heads - ES2207P, Opens in a new tab

Regular Contributor

I bought one a few years ago during its first go-round.  IIRC, it iwas considerably more than $99.  It works by buring (singeing) the hairs off your body.  Then you scrape off the residue with some buffer thing that is part of the kit.  I don't remember it working well at all and I couldn't stand the burning hair smell.  I gave it away and never heard about it again until the other day when I saw it on HSN.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  thanks for the shaver recommendation!

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

@SilleeMee  thanks for the shaver recommendation!

You're welcome @cindyNC .

That one is a WET/DRY shaver so you have options.Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

On the issue of getting rid of peach fuzz on the face, I just use a light weight shaver! It does a great job. Exfoliates my face and it is so soft. I think women find the thought of using a razor harsh or too manly. That it won't work right. But it is all marketing. Some think there has to be the word ladies on a product to be okay. A simple razor is fine and does the job. I use the Gillette pivot head one disposable type. But I use it several times and it works fine. I started with those ladies Tinkle ones, but they were just a blade and it could cut me. This shaver I use now is much safer. Try it ladies, it works and is so easy!!