Respected Contributor

Ninja Foodie vs TSV

[ Edited ]

I really like all my Ninja products.  How does the TSV compare to the Ninja Foodie?  It certainlyis  a lower price but is it as good? What Im really inteested in is how it grills steaks.  Ive tried many diffrent products and have always been disappointed in the way steaks cook.  More steamed rather than grilled.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure. But the Ninja is 1760 watts. The TSV is 1500 watts. My steaks sear perfectly on the Ninja. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you for telling me that.  Could I ask which Foodie...

@deeva   Thank you for telling me that.  Could I ask which Foodie you have?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thank you for telling me that. Could I ask which Foodie...

I have the Ninja Foodi Grill and it makes great steaks, chicken and fried potatoes. Potatoes take a fraction of the time vs a regular oven or frying pan. I paid $169 last Black Friday at Target.

Honored Contributor

The Ninja Foodie is first and foremost a pressure cooker.  Then it has an heating element in the lid which will brown and crisp food.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@meem120 

I have the Ninja Foodi 5 in 1.

Respected Contributor

I have neither but doing some research,  1500 watts is not much for an air fryer.  I would go with one that has 1700 or more.  And the non stick needs to be BHA free.  I do not believe the TSV is because it does NOT state so and this morning the host just said it was non stick.  CHeck out Amazon and read up.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The Ninja Foodie is first and foremost a pressure cooker.  Then it has an heating element in the lid which will brown and crisp food.

There are a lot of Foodi types.