Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the newest model's built-in frother stick out all the time?  We would rarely use that feature, and it would definitely be in the way where the coffee maker will have to sit on my counter.  

It folds back out of the way when not in use.

Honored Contributor

This machine would barely fit under my cabinets and I would have to pull it away from the wall to be able to put water in it. This is not going to happen. I am going to pass on this machine and the newer one...both are a little over 16 inches tall.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This machine would barely fit under my cabinets and I would have to pull it away from the wall to be able to put water in it. This is not going to happen. I am going to pass on this machine and the newer one...both are a little over 16 inches tall.

I have this first version they are selling today and just measured it.  It is a little less than 15 inches tall (Amazon lists its height at 14.9 inches).  I could fit mine under my cabinet easily, but since I don't like pulling it back and forth, I just keep it about 5 inches from the edge of my counter (I also have it next to the far right end of the counter it sets on) so it doesn't even set under the cabinet.  This makes it easy to fill the water reservoir whether I take it out and to the sink or pour water into from another container.

Respected Contributor
Why is this this OLD model? There is a newer model out for about the same price. It has more features and a milk frother.
Respected Contributor

Re: Ninja Coffee Bar TSV

[ Edited ]

iCoffee is coming out with the iCafe this fall. It brews speciality coffees with any K-Cup and has a built in milk steamer/frother you use. There is a youtube video about it at the housewares show.

Respected Contributor

Costco has it in the store for $129.99. Wait til it goes on sale. It has the 100 page cook book. Maybe it is on line as well.  QVC's TSVs aren't necessarily a great value.

Occasional Contributor

I have my old fashioned Farberware percolator.  Does a great job of making a pot of coffee.   And very economical.   Use my Trader Joe's coffee.   I grind it myself.   Delish.   

Respected Contributor

I didn't look to see if it is the newer model. It more money online but will probably have this on sale soon. It is so much easier to return a product to Costco without extra shipping fees.

I had a Cusinart Grind and  Brew with the Thermus. It worked for years. Then we recently upgraded to the Breville with a Grind a Brew. There have been numerous problems. I got it a BB&B and have replaced in a few times since March or April.  My husband drinks his coffee black and thinks the machine makes great coffee.

We buy our coffee at Costco. Usually Starbucks.

Somehow the Ninja looks like junk. I like the look of the Breville Coffee Machine better.

I love frothers. I just heat my low fat milk in the microwave and it bubbles. Then I pour in the coffee.

Trusted Contributor

This is one time we're really glad we bought local. Got the ninja coffee bar second generation at sams. We could never get it to make the right amont of coffee. The 4 ounce setting made 12 ounces! There is a new forte setting which is supposed to make 8 ounces. That one would make 14. The coffee is great but we were getting frustrated. Called ninja and they said we definitely have a defective machine and to exchange it. So glad we can just go to the store to try another one. As someone else just said, no shipping fees and so much quicker. Hope this one works!

Honored Contributor
Unlike the Keurig the ninja does not produce un recyclable trash that's sitting in landfills by, literally, the billions. For that reason alone I would purchase a ninja over the Keurig.
Thank you to the poster who fills her own reusable pod
By the way Keurig has promised to fix this problem in their system by the year 2020!