Respected Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana

Good point about the filters- I've been using a refillable Vue cup lately so rinsing out a permanent filter wouldn't be any different. 

What about size? Will the Ninja take up less space on the countertop? It looks smaller...  Thanks for your responses. Smiley Happy

@Tribesters - yes, it is smaller than the vue.  As the water revervoir top must pop-up, it doesn't work completely under a cabinet.  All in all, I don't see that I gained any counterspace switching, just really good coffee.

Also, I went hunting for answers on whether this holds water in a tank, and the consensus is that it does not, but again, I have no proof positive.

Respected Contributor

I guess its just a matter of preference.  I did not like using the filters for the Ninja and I do not like the mesh filters either.  So, I thought it was a waste.  It does make very good coffee though, I have to give it that.  

Trusted Contributor

I've also been thinking about getting a ninja. Already have an icoffee & it makes great coffee. Also have a nespresso for specialty drinks. Really, really don't need this but have always been tempted. I did notice that the tsv isn't the newest model. The one I was looking at was at Sam's & it has a built in frother. It also has a double wall pitcher for cold coffee. Not sure if that's the only difference. I think it's also going on sale tomorrow for the same price as the tsv.  If I do get one, will probably be there. 

Regular Contributor
This is NOT the new Ninja Coffee Bar! I'm shocked QVC wouldn't be selling the new version with the built in frothed!
Trusted Contributor

@Breamy wrote:
This is NOT the new Ninja Coffee Bar! I'm shocked QVC wouldn't be selling the new version with the built in frothed!

I was surprised about this too.  They had this as a TSV once before and I think it was maybe $119.  I think they must be getting rid of all of the first versions of these since the new version has come out so they have lowered the price.  You can find this one around $99 in many places now.

I bought the first version last October and love using it.  But I recently saw the new version and like the additional options of coffee volume and strength it has (11 for the new versus 8 for the old), plus a built-in frother and larger water reservoir (50 oz.)  I decided if I could find a really good deal on one I would get it and use my existing one as a backup if/when my new one stopped working.

Kohl's had it on sale last week for $169.99 and I had a $10 off coupon code and a code for 30% off.  Shipping was free so with tax it came to $121.23.  I also ordered through Mr. Rebates so will get 3% back on it.

I really prefer using this over a Keurig as I like using my own ground coffee and not having to throw away all of those pods.

Honored Contributor

This is still a great price even if it's last years stock. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Yes, Ninja has released an updated version, BUT, the TSV version is still be sold by Ninja on their own website.  It doesn't appear to be a discontinued model.

Super Contributor

I had pre-ordered the TSV, then saw the newer version online and after watching the video for the new version, I've decided to wait and get the newer one.

I already have the newer model Keurig that works fine, but am looking forward to the New Ninja Coffee Bar 2.

Vicki

Honored Contributor

Re: Ninja Coffee Bar TSV

[ Edited ]

Jet dot com has the new model for $159. I may just get this instead of Q's older one.

Wayfair has the newer one for $137...free shipping too.

Respected Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the newest model's built-in frother stick out all the time?  We would rarely use that feature, and it would definitely be in the way where the coffee maker will have to sit on my counter.