Respected Contributor

Re: New to buying electronics-I need an Apple Watch TSV? Does that happen?

My husband and I have Apple watches (series 6) that we got last year and they have the fall  detection.  In fact he tripped today and it went into that mode to check on him to see if he had fallen.  Great to have for us oldies.  Mine detected when I fell in a ditch while mowing (but was ok) last summer.  It also has lots of really neat features that you will enjoy.  I monitor my heart rate and Oxygen sat, etc.  And it works with your iPhone as well.  I like being able to answer my phone and texts.  I agree that ts tend to have things you don't need.    

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

If you don't have an Apple store near you, it's easy to order a watch online from Apple and have it delivered. In fact, by checking online you can see and compare the different options, size, colors, style of watchband.

One thing to consider before you buy is whether your current phone is compatible for the watch you want. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you everyone-so nice of you to take the time to answer and in a very positive way!

Trusted Contributor

@buyornot  I would go to the apple website.  I just got a new phone and that's how I did it.  Traded in my old one, got $ for it and ordered my new one.  Came in 2 days.  Easy.  I got apple care.  The website is great and had no problems picking out what I wanted.  You can order anything apple from them.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @buyornot  .. I would not buy any Apple products from QVC.  They tend to sell older models at ridiculously high prices.   I would go directly to Apple.   

Regular Contributor

I think the Apple watch is a great idea.  What I would suggest is that you shop around to get the best deal and often it is not with a TSV.  I would suggest that you check out Costco, Best Buy and the Apple Store.  

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Another tip.  Get Apple Care.  I have one and I try to trade it in before it has no lasting value.  Apple has a pretty good trade in  system.  

Agreed.  I actually got the 6 right before the 7 came out because the 7 was going to be larger than than the 38mm AW3. The Apple store gave m a $70 trade in on the 3. Probably should have just bought the 7 but will get the 8 if it has the blood sugar monitor included like I have heard it will have. 

Super Contributor

I ordered the tsv cotton bra on February 25th. I have not received my bra yet. The website says the item is on the way! I am so frustrated. I was unable to cancel of course and at this point if I do not get my Breezes bra by Friday I will call customer service and ask for a refund. This is outrageous. I have ordered other items on the free shipping day and received them already so there is really no excuse for this amount of time , it will be a month on Friday that my order was placed .