Highlighted
Contributor

Just happened to look at the "Meet our Hosts" section on the homepage of QVC and it looks like they hired 3 new hosts:  Ali Carr, Courtney Webb and Julia Cearley.  Kind of surprised since there were a few let go last week because of QVC2 going to reruns of presentations and no live presenting.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Ali Carr, Courtney Webb and Julia Cearley have been with QVC for over a year now.  I primarily see them for the last two hours on QVC before they go to theovernight rerun loop.  Ali Carr has also done some co-hosting with David on his Friday ITKWD.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

They aren't that new.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I believe Ali Carr will be hosting a portion of Rose of Tralee this year. I really like Courtney Webb.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@littlemom3  They have been around for quite a while. Ali is sometimes on with David Venable, but I have seen her on her own. I think she does a good job.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@littlemom3   The bottom line in this business is what you sell, that is, how much.  I was surpised about two hosts that were with QVC for many years and let go but obviously their sales were not up to par.  It is too bad but that is the way it goes.  Especially today with this COVID 19 putting a damper on everything.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@littlemom3    The hosts you mention have been there at least a year, or longer.  They also are not Today's Special Value.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

ODD.QVC is just very odd and hard to understand anymore. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Ali Carr is fine.  I'm on the fence about Courtney Webb, but Julia is not conecting with me at all.  The best of the lot who gets the midnight til repeat time slot is Kristina Szish.  She's the best of those hired in the past couple years IMO.  Much better than Kourtney Khondabi who skyrocketed to prime time hours quickly. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@littlemom3    The hosts you mention have been there at least a year, or longer.  They also are not Today's Special Value.

@Kachina624  Smiley LOL