Valued Contributor

Never bought a Judith Ripka piece....

but I love the TSV bracelet.   sigh.....can't spend any more money....*snif......

Respected Contributor

Re: Never bought a Judith Ripka piece....

[ Edited ]

Hey, you are not alone... I love it too but I'm not I'm buying anything unless it's really inexpensive or I really need it.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

It's a good thing you can't spend any more money, because why would you spend your money on high priced items that are worth virtually nothing. Pieces that are diamonique and clad pieces at those prices is ridiculous.
Respected Contributor

This bracelet would be over $50/gram which is high for sterling silver, right?

Honored Contributor

In my opinion you should never buy jewelry as some thing you are going to profit from in the future. I think we all know that even gold jewelry on resale has very limited value. I bought the TSV and own a lot of JR jewelry, wear it every day and love it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Did they mention the gram weight at all?

I really like the tsv  bracelet and it's  RIpka 'affordable'... I don't ahve any RIpka link type bracelets either! But I assume it's lightweight at the approx $100 price tag - and probably wouldn't hold up. 

Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:
It's a good thing you can't spend any more money, because why would you spend your money on high priced items that are worth virtually nothing. Pieces that arediamonique and clad pieces at those prices is ridiculous.

Your opinion is appreciated but I find it a bit over the top. It might be clad but it is sterling silver and from a well known designer. Plus there is a silver option, it's made in Italy and a byzantine link. So for the price, there is value there. Sterling silver alone in a bracelet in those gram weights from Italy would cost about the same.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom wrote:

$50 a gram? Where did you get your info from? The 8" bracelet is a minimum of 21 grams of sterling -  that makes it more like $5 a gram!! 21 grams is a substantial piece too, I waitlisted the silver!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for that info......don't where I got that from?

Contributor

I'd like to take her $100 bracelet into a pawn shop and see what they would offer. Probably $15 at best. Of course that's after I remind them of what a famous designer she is.