Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nespresso TSV - November 1, 2023

Anyone seen the  Nepresso commericial with george Clooney ?  He's taking a bet with  2 other women of what Nepresso  coffee pod flavor a bride was going to pick .

Well, the women were correct and they drive off in his luxury car . He's left with a pink helmet and a  vespa.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

Maybe I just don't get it, but single cup coffee makers don't thrill me. But, I also don't want a huge one that makes 10 or 12 cups. My husband & I drink our morning coffee together. We like our small coffee maker, which makes enough for two big cups. It brews faster than the big coffee makers, yet there's enough for us to have together.  If we want a second cup we just make more & it's done in about 3 minutes.

@Sweet Kitties it makes perfect sense for us.  My husband is a coffee drinker and I am not.  It also makes sense if the people in the house like different coffees.  These machines were originally developed for and sold to businesses.  Home use came later.  

No use for the TSV IMO.  DH has his Keurig and can grind his own beans and use the MyKCup.  That's not an option for the TSV, and the reason I would never buy it.  Keurig tried at one point to limit customers to only pods, eliminating the MyKcup option, and it was a huge failure.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

You can buy a generic off-brand refillable pod for the TSV machine on Amazon, but it looks a lil messy to fill it with your own coffee.
Honored Contributor

I love mine but I only drink espresso or a double shot of espesso and milk on ice.  My husband has a coffee maker that grinds beans and makes coffee, but sometimes he does a lungo from my machine!  

He also has the ealier vertuo machine (not the Next--we had 2 and neither worked) because he likes flavored coffee and I don't.   I got that style for him for Christmas a few years ago.  

Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know how to make hot cocoa in frother as hostess kept saying but didn't say how. Thanks everyone

Respected Contributor

@skatting44.  There were great big billboards in France with George Clooney advertising Nespresso when I was there several years ago. Certainly caught my eye. 

Respected Contributor

We use a Chemex coffee maker-have forever.  We make a pot of dark roast (kirkland Costco still a 3 lb. can) each morning and I have one big mug for the day with milk.  Hubby takes his black and sips throughout. Works for us.  In the pm I will often have a big mug of tea.  So this machine would be a waste for us.

Respected Contributor

@alohakz wrote:

@Mustang Shar where did u buy the L'OR?

Amazon Smiley Happy I've had it about 2 months now. I get all my coffee on Amazon also. Nespresso coffee was never warm enough and that's a common complaint . L'OR is hot coffee so adding cream doesn't make it lukewarm. That was the big deal for me.