Esteemed Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

Has anyone tried the Happiels reusable pods for the Nespresso Vertuo? I wondered how successful they are. ☕️☕️☕️

@SunValley @SurferWife @SusieQ_2 @Velvey @Free2be @Sooner 

@skyblue 

I know little about the Nespresso other than reading up about it when it was offered here as the TSV. I was intrigued by the beautiful crema on top--it looks so pretty. Which makes me wonder...if you put your own coffee blend in a reusable pod would it produce that same beautiful crema that the Nespresso pods do? I don't know, but maybe someone else has the answer.

@Sooner 

You say you have the machine that makes espresso and your husband uses it to make coffee. It sounds like he's drinking a Caffe Americano which is espresso diluted with water. I read that the Americano is similar in strength to coffee but because it's made with espresso beans the taste is different from brewed coffee. It sounds interesting and I might need to try it next time I go to Starbucks. I like mine iced and I wonder how different it would taste from Cold Brew. 

What's that saying...so much coffee so little time? Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@skyblue   Hi!  Sorry, I'm not familiar with Happiels.  Not even familiar with Nespresso and it won't arrive for another 10 days.   I'm likely to order pods directly from Nespresso so Sooner's post that they are realiable is an encouragement.  

Part of me wishes I hadn't ordered the machine but I really do need something to get me by and maybe I'll fall in love with it forever.  I see Seattle Coffee Gear just put a Saeco on sale and my heart skipped a beat but then I had to shake some sense into myself.  My old Saeco will go out in the garage until I can drive it to the repair shop.

I'm looking forward to checking out the variety pod samples and at this time of Covid, some variety in daily life is welcome.

Respected Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

@skyblue   Hi!  Sorry, I'm not familiar with Happiels.  Not even familiar with Nespresso and it won't arrive for another 10 days.   I'm likely to order pods directly from Nespresso so Sooner's post that they are realiable is an encouragement.  

Part of me wishes I hadn't ordered the machine but I really do need something to get me by and maybe I'll fall in love with it forever.  I see Seattle Coffee Gear just put a Saeco on sale and my heart skipped a beat but then I had to shake some sense into myself.  My old Saeco will go out in the garage until I can drive it to the repair shop.

I'm looking forward to checking out the variety pod samples and at this time of Covid, some variety in daily life is welcome.

Thanks, @Free2be ! I appreciate your input! My espresso machine is facing some struggles, too, which is why I purchased this. I may end up returning the Nespresso and purchasing a new espresso machine.🤷🏼‍♀️

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

Has anyone tried the Happiels reusable pods for the Nespresso Vertuo? I wondered how successful they are. ☕️☕️☕️

@SunValley @SurferWife @SusieQ_2 @Velvey @Free2be @Sooner 

@skyblue 

I know little about the Nespresso other than reading up about it when it was offered here as the TSV. I was intrigued by the beautiful crema on top--it looks so pretty. Which makes me wonder...if you put your own coffee blend in a reusable pod would it produce that same beautiful crema that the Nespresso pods do? I don't know, but maybe someone else has the answer.

@Sooner 

You say you have the machine that makes espresso and your husband uses it to make coffee. It sounds like he's drinking a Caffe Americano which is espresso diluted with water. I read that the Americano is similar in strength to coffee but because it's made with espresso beans the taste is different from brewed coffee. It sounds interesting and I might need to try it next time I go to Starbucks. I like mine iced and I wonder how different it would taste from Cold Brew. 

What's that saying...so much coffee so little time? Smiley Very Happy

@SusieQ_2  Good point! ☕️

Respected Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

Thanks, @Free2be ! I appreciate your input! My espresso machine is facing some struggles, too, which is why I purchased this. I may end up returning the Nespresso and purchasing a new espresso machine.🤷🏼‍♀️

@Free2be  What model Saeco do you own?☕️

New Contributor

I finally received mine and ended up returning it. After the first cup i made it leaked all of the water that was in the water tank onto my counter. It wasn't coming out of the water tank itself like a crack or anything, but all the water funneled to the bottom of the machine and came out. We cleaned everythig up and filled the tank again for another cup. After the next cup brewed it leaked all the water on the counter and made a mess. I contacted QVC and told them what happened. They told me to put it back in the box and return it. The product was clearly defective. The rep told me that I was not going to be charged for the return label since it was defective but i don't know if that is true or not. I used the return label from the box that was for usps. 

Respected Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@Free2be  What model Saeco do you own?☕️

Sorry, @skyblue, I just noticed your question today.  My Saeco is an Intelia.  I believe it's a discontinued model.  After several days of using the Nespresso, I'm torn whether to get it repaired which I think may cost upward of $300, maybe more after the expense of delivering it 5 hours away.  It gives a richer tasting drink but that's to be expected.  I put it away for now, will see how long this Nespresso machine lasts before making a final decision.  I'm enjoying the Nespresso so far. I can buy a lot of pods for $300, or certainly for the cost of replacing with another super automatic, a luxury that for whatever reason, invokes in me a sense of guilt.  They are so expensive.

The Saeco still makes a coffee of choice, it just won't make milk froth but that's the whole point of it, working together.  It's also starting to leak water a tiny bit down around the brew head so it needs an overhaul.  I don't want to run it into the ground.  Pun not intended.  If I lived closer to the repair place, the decision would be easier.

I hope your decision comes easy, sounds like we're in the same dilemma.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be The Nespresso frothers work quite well, especially the newest model that is being sold with their Next machines!  I know other companies make them but I have no experience with them. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner , Hi!  I was already using a Capresso brand frother and am comparing the two, not much difference in final product, really.  The Capresso has a handle, is more squat in shape, not as handsome as the Nespresso brand.  I still want my automatic to work like it is supposed to.

I like to stop the frother shortly before it finishes to get more soft foam.  They tend to ****** out afterr a year or so, at least that's the history of the Capresso brand so I'll keep it for back up.

Respected Contributor

@Free2be @Sooner @qvcmom76 

Thanks for the info, @Free2be ! ☕️

Sadly the Nespresso is boxed up for return today. No matter which pod we chose the machine produced only about 2 ounces of coffee! DH was not impressed.🙁 Looks like we're upgrading our tired espresso machine.