New Contributor

Did they give a ship date for this when they were presenting? I bought it last week and was hoping to have it by Thanksgiving. My app still says "Preparing Your Order".  Smiley Sad 

Respected Contributor

Re: Nespresso Anyone?

[ Edited ]

I ordered toward the end when only one color option was available and it shipped yesterday.  I have mixed feelings.  I own a high end fully automatic espresso machine but the pump that draws milk needs replaced and because of that it won't steam milk or make micro-foam.  A repair will be costly including a day's travel to repair shop to avoid expense of shipping a large heavy object.  I'll drive it 5 hours one day when life returns to normal. 

I bought a little electric machine that makes foam but not the micro foam that makes a fine drink.  I manage to pour the hot milk and get the barely foamed milk out of it to make the drink almost perfect. 

I'm not sure the milk "frother" with the Nespresso will be any better at micro foam but if not, at least I know how to deal with it.  Only a child would enjoy thick foam so if you have kids or grands, they'll love it on hot chocolate. 

So this option came up and I bit, hoping the espressos are close to as enjoyable as when my best machine was working at 100%.  I based my choice mainly on the many reviews.  Also, this model seems to be more reliable than newer models that had more functioning complaints.

I wouldn't compare a French press drink to an espresso, other than sheer preference.  They are two different coffees, both very delicious when made well.  As far as the pod expense goes, quality whole beans are not inexpensive either.  I've spent at least half as much on beans in the past few months including beans for the Moccamaster pot as this Nespresso deal.

My main concern is a sometimes complaint of leaking but that was more so in the new models.  When I became weary of buying Keurig pods years ago, this may recur but at least the empty pods are recylable. 

I was amazed at all of the many positive raving reviews about this product here and at Amazon.

New Contributor

beware this machine!  i rec'd today from Delonghi America in Bethelhem PA.  I am in NJ.  NO RETURN LABEL, no QVC label.  I opened the box to set up...missing part of the 62  pods of coffee.  chatted with QVC rep who refunded np.  Went to set up machine, which promptly leaked 50 ounces of water all over my counter!  closer look showed that spring seal plastic was cracked.  Contacted QVC again who WAS NOT HELPFUL.  wasted 30 mins. of my life for the rep to tell med it would take 7-10 days to send me a return label, and a lousy $15.oo "inconvenience  fee"!   i will take to UPS store in AM to see if they will print me a label and return.  This is my 2nd Nespresso Vertuo with a problem...first one i bought from Costco and that leaked out of the pod holder.  Where is QVC's quality control? they actually told me i could "contact manufacturer".  After shelling out $159.00 plus tax for a machine, they won't make it right?  Shame on QVC!!!

Respected Contributor

After enjoying using the nespresso at my brother's house, I looked into buying one. I aleady had a Keurig and didn't want a group of coffee makers on the counter. So I purchased the Instant Pod. Both the nespresso pods and K cups can be used in this machine. The footprint is fairly narrow as the water reservoir is in the back of the machine. The Pod heats up faster than the Keurig and is much quieter than the nespresso machine. The espresso pods can be found in a wide range of strengths and are often on sale. It makes a hot, delicious cup of coffee in a variety of sizes. Plain hot water is also an option. The directions make it seem that the smaller water choices are only for the nespresso pods but I can choose this for the K cup as well if I want a smaller size such as making cocoa or a chi latte. The Pod was a great solution for me and eliminated having two types of coffee makers.

The buttons take a bit of relearning to use as you don't actually push the button down, its more a swiping toward you motion. Hope that makes sense. It's a great machine.

Esteemed Contributor

The Instant Pod Coffee and Espresso maker can only be used with the Nespresso original capsules (the ones for espresso) and, of course, it also works with K-cups. I read that Nespresso's patent had expired on the original pods so now other brands will be able to offer them much in same way that when Keurig's patent expired K-cups became widely available in other brands. 

Unfortunately, the Instant Pod is not compatible with the coffee capsules that were included in the TSV--the ones that work only with the newer Vertuo line of coffee makers. The 7.7oz and the (2) larger 14oz coffee pods, and even the espresso pods sold with the TSV, will only work with the Vertuo machines. That means none of the 62 capsules sold with the TSV would be compatible with the Instant Pod.

That said, as long as you are aware of this, the Instant Pod might be for you if what you're looking for is a machine that makes both coffee from a K-Cup or espresso from the original line of Nespresso pods (or whatever company may also offer them now). I know a lot of people love their Instant Pots so the brand seems to be reliable.

For those who buy this I hope you love it. Before today I didn't even know the Instant Pod existed so thanks to @SunValley for posting about it. The more options we have to choose from the better! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2  thank you for clarifying that not all Nespresso pods can be used In the Instant Pod. This reminds me of the hullabaloo when Keurig made their coffee maker that only took their brand of k cup.

Yes, other companies are now free to make compatible espresso pods that work in the Instant Pod as well as the older Nespresso models. This competition has made the cost per cup more affordable. I'll be sure to read the labeling to make sure I'm not buying something that only works in the Nespresso machine. 

Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried the Happiels reusable pods for the Nespresso Vertuo? I wondered how successful they are. ☕️☕️☕️

@SunValley @SurferWife @SusieQ_2 @Velvey @Free2be @Sooner 

Honored Contributor

@skyblue For us, the main appeal is how good the Nespresso and Illy pods are and how easy to use they are.  

We aren't into filling up one so we haven't bought those.

Respected Contributor

Re: @Re: Nespresso Anyone?

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@skyblue For us, the main appeal is how good the Nespresso and Illy pods are and how easy to use they are.  

Thank you for your input, @Sooner ! I love the specialty coffee we purchase in Hawaii. I would considering purchasing it for enjoying that special brew.

Do you purchase pods exclusively from Nespresso?

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Thank you for your input, @Sooner ! I love the specialty coffee we purchase in Hawaii. I would considering purchasing it for enjoying that special brew.

Do you purchase pods exclusively from Nespresso?

@skyblue Nespresso or Illy.  My husband drinks coffee I don't, but like espresso and also latte's--iced mostly.  I like espressoshots but can't stand regular "coffee."

We have the original line but he uses those for cups of coffee and loves it.  So for him, it's coffee from the Nespresso pods or Illy. He has tried a lot of others but not been happy with them.

Nespresso's shipping and customer service are superb!