Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361  Yes, the coffee is all very rich & strong. The one we ordered was only coffee, not espresso, but the same unit otherwise. I think you would be happy with it if you love really strong coffee. I'm even tempted to try again cause it's such a good price. Hope this helped. 

Respected Contributor

We LOVE strong rich coffee and have a really good coffeemaker and grind our own beans everyday.  My only complaint is we drink a lot of coffee and the pods would probably cost a fortune for the number of cups consumed.  Also,  the only thing I don't care for in this machine is the tank for the used pods.  It takes up space and I'd rather just throw them out as I use them.  I'd rather that were not part of the machine. 

French Press and Chemex coffee is delicious.  It is typically much SMOOTHER than any other coffee you can make.  If you try the same coffee in a regular coffeemaker and then brew it in a French Press,  the FP wins out every time.  I think someone's brother maybe didn't make it correctly or use the right grind!  

Honored Contributor

You may want to google Nespresso and child labor.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

I enjoy coffee and this system looks like it makes a great cup of coffee.

However, the capsules cost about $1 per cup.  I enjoy two cups of coffee per day.  So that amounts to more than $700 per year.  That is far out of my budget.  

For someone who buys coffee at a shop, then this is a per cup bargain.  But that's not me and I'll have to pass because of going forward costs per capsule.

Respected Contributor

@JanetsGirl 

You are right; think ahead.  This holds true for many beauty tsv's. Tsv price looks great but if you love the product, you should think of replacement cost.

Esteemed Contributor

@JanetsGirl wrote:

I enjoy coffee and this system looks like it makes a great cup of coffee.

However, the capsules cost about $1 per cup.  I enjoy two cups of coffee per day.  So that amounts to more than $700 per year.  That is far out of my budget.  

For someone who buys coffee at a shop, then this is a per cup bargain.  But that's not me and I'll have to pass because of going forward costs per capsule.

@JanetsGirl 

I agree and I was so tempted!  Only hours before the 1st presentation I was so sure I'd buy it that I was trying to decide what color I wanted (it would have piano black, lol). Then I started looking around the Nespresso website and came to the same conclusion as you. 

I do enjoy a coffee shop coffee now and then but mostly use my Keurig. Nespresso pods are 3x what I pay for those. They sure do look good though and I'm a little envious of those who picked up this amazing deal. Smiley Happy

It's funny, though, I remember when Keurigs were first offered here and one of the things people commented on was how expensive it is compared to drip coffee, etc. Now look at me...I've become one of them. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm sticking to my French Press.  Coffee has the best flavor and it's easy to clean.  Thanks so much for all your replies!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@alice87 wrote:

I have regular Nespresso machine. Only because the space is small. This is baragin. You get over 50 dollars worth of coffee. Cup is no good, mine broke within 3 months, Starbucks cup is such a better deal. The machine is basically close to $100 which is bargain.

The part that is not bargain is capsules. I do love Nespresso, and I spend much more on it than a machine. They should  give it for free really, anyway.

My first machine lasted almost 7 years. The second one I got last year.  

I do love Nespresso crema, it is hard to beat it, unless you have very expensive coffee machine.

@alice87 Some of the machines are made in Switzerland.  Try to get one of those.

Trusted Contributor

UGH I waited too long and now it's sold out!  I am so bummed.  I keep checking to see if someone cancels their order or drops it out of their cart.  But I figure I'm out of luck :-(

Regular Contributor

I cancelled my order, so it may show up as available. When I thought about it, the dealbreaker for me was having to buy a separate capsule ofr each size of coffee I wanted. I would rather be able to adjust the water amount snd such. I just don't want to have so many different sizes. Also, the selection of coffee 14 oz size is limited to two...it just didn't make sense to me. 

It's a good concept, but I think it needs to go back to the drawing board. i will see what they ccome up with next year.