Honored Contributor

Anyone getting this?  Obviously, there are buyers out there, but any of the posters here?  Is it better than a French Press?  I looks fairly compact, but I just don't know if I'd end up going back to my French press?  Any opinions?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

Re: Nespresso Anyone?

[ Edited ]

I have regular Nespresso machine. Only because the space is small. This is baragin. You get over 50 dollars worth of coffee. Cup is no good, mine broke within 3 months, Starbucks cup is such a better deal. The machine is basically close to $100 which is bargain.

The part that is not bargain is capsules. I do love Nespresso, and I spend much more on it than a machine. They should  give it for free really, anyway.

My first machine lasted almost 7 years. The second one I got last year.  

I do love Nespresso crema, it is hard to beat it, unless you have very expensive coffee machine.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife 

I bought it in the graphite gray. I've been wanting one for a couple of years. Love, the crema it creates. I've also been wanting a frother. The coffee pods alone are about $1.00/serving.  This TSV includes 62!  

Years ago I had an actual espresso machine. I used it a lot, but the steam-frother valve was tricky. I steam burned myself several times. The machine finally bit the dust. I miss it.

I am used to Keurig K-cups. My brother made french press coffee for me once and the coffee tasted like mud. I just drank it and didn't complain because he thought it was fabulous. My sister agreed with me.  

I am sure your french press skills are better than my brother's. 

Since I have my gym membership on "freeze" because of the pandemic, I am saving about $32+ a month (working out at home). So....that is how I am justifying my Vertuo purchase. 

Respected Contributor

@alice87 wrote:

I have regular Nespresso machine. Only because the space is small. This is baragin. You get over 50 dollars worth of coffee. Cup is no good, mine broke within 3 months, Starbucks cup is such a better deal. The machine is basically close to $100 which is bargain.

The part that is not bargain is capsules. I do love Nespresso, and I spend much more on it than a machine. They should  give it for free really, anyway.

My first machine lasted almost 7 years. The second one I got last year.  

I do love Nespresso crema, it is hard to beat it, unless you have very expensive coffee machine.

______

Exactly! This is similar to the concept of buying ink cartridges for my $99.00 HP printer. Cost of machine is small, but I have not had good luck with "re-inking" them. So HP makes a lot of money in the long run!

Delicious coffee is important to me, so I went for the TSV. 

Trusted Contributor

Ordered one in the past. Worked well. Coffee was all too strong for us. Looks like a great deal if you like really strong coffee. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Nespresso Anyone?

[ Edited ]

I've had mine for a year and before that had a Keurig. Being single I like the convenience and the rich flavor. If I had more in my household, I'd really have to consider the cost per cup. I really enjoy robust coffee.

I used to have a French press until I was pressing it on my counter and it fell over burning me on my hand. Never again.

Esteemed Contributor

I was not considering it because I use my Keurig. I do love strong coffee and it sounds like some posters are saying it makes stronger coffee. Can anyone confirm that that is true? I personally think a percolator makes the best coffee....but I like the convenience and speed of 1-cup coffee machines.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Anyone getting this?  Obviously, there are buyers out there, but any of the posters here?  Is it better than a French Press?  I looks fairly compact, but I just don't know if I'd end up going back to my French press?  Any opinions?

@SurferWife   .  I am not going to purchase this particular machine.  However, a couple months ago I did purchase a Nespresso Espresso machine with the Aeroccino (milk frother) from Macy's when it was on sale.  It makes the best cappuccino and espresso I have had since the last time I was in Italy.  

Honored Contributor

I also just love a strong cup of coffee, thinking about getting it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I ordered one from QVC on Sunday as a pre-order.  It was sent from the warehouse in Bethlehem, PA and was here in two days.  It arrived yesterday.

I haven't used it yet, but I have had Nespresso coffee at my niece's house a few times.  I am not a big fan of coffee and don't drink it everyday, but when I do, I like strong smooth coffee.  I hate the bitter, acid taste of most coffee.

I can't wait to use mine.  I almost got one from COSTCO, but QVC's peice is better.  It's $10 more, but includes more coffee and a travel mug, which is worth way more than $10.