Honored Contributor

Re: Neon LEMON? Candace Cameron Bure TSV

I like the colors and the fabric looks soft, comfortable. But I don't care for those rolled sleeves! Whenever I see rolled sleeves on a t-shirt I think of James Dean and Marlin Brando...LOL!

Honored Contributor

It looks more like lemon-lime.  On my screen.  

'Anyway', it's my favorite color, next to the lilac (or wisteria).  But, all of the colors are great, imo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

What exactly is a "slub knit"? I see that word used frequently on QVC fashion presentations. I ordered the Tee Shirt in the green and also another item, and I would describe them more as heathered. But would like to be enlightened on what "slub" means.

Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

What exactly is a "slub knit"? I see that word used frequently on QVC fashion presentations. I ordered the Tee Shirt in the green and also another item, and I would describe them more as heathered. But would like to be enlightened on what "slub" means.

Thanks in advance!

A slub is a lump or thick spot on a strand of thread or yarn. When the yarn is woven into a fabric, the lumps give it texture and dimension.

Example of slub yarn:

download.jfif

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler   Many brands/retailers have slub knit (or slub fabric)  -- LL Bean, Nordstrom, Banana Republic, Deluth Trading, etc.  The final composition of the particular item depends on the material specs used however.  The blends can be anywhere from linen/cotton blends to cotton/modal, rayon/cotton, etc.  

@SilleeMee  explained it perfectly.  Slub knit is everywhere, but best to read the actual fabric blend to see what you like.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper @SilleeMee Oh, thanks! Now I feel more knowledgeable. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Also, I could have sworn that I saw a cardigan this morning when I pulled up all her fashions, but I don't see it now. Guess I'm seeing things. They were ombre looking. Hmmmmm......perhaps I was looking at another line of fashion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The naming of colors makes a huge difference when you cannot watch a presentation and see the colors for yourself.  Computer monitors and phones all show colors very differently.  Is it that difficult to properly name a color?

I ordered a "red" handbag once from QVC and what was delivered was orange.  There wasn't anything red about it.  I sent it back and it was on my dime because QVC wouldn't budge on refunding s/h due to the color.    

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

I don't like anything about this t-shirt. It looks thin and like it would wrinkle after washing. I'm not a fan of slub knit at all. It's also boxy and shapeless. $30 for a flimsy looking t-shirt is a good deal?

@JJsMom , I thought it was just me.  Honestly this should be half this price.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler   A 396633