Honored Contributor

Re: NYDJ jeans..no side seam

@SilleeMee wrote:

This is an example of extremely twisted side-seams on a pair of jeans. It doesn't seem to matter how expensive or cheap a pair of jeans is either. Just happens unfortunately.

loomstate: The Twisted Truth: Leg Twist

@SilleeMee    Maybe the extremely short, pelvic bone- hugging rise in that example have something to do with it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have seams twisting around a couple of inches all the time.  It's usually on the "skinny" type jeans.  I just twist them back in place when I notice it but it does happen.  It's not an unusual thing.

Regular Contributor

Without the side seam they don't look like "real" jeans IMO. Both the hosts and the models seem to have a lot of tightness right below the knees with both styles and that's a red flag for me. I noticed that the darker washes looked a little better and the tightness was less noticeable. I canceled my order earlier today after watching a few of the presentations. Too bad because I liked the "precious" color. Maybe next time NYDJ will bring back the side seams!

Respected Contributor

@ruthbe I have to admit that I always thought a side seam was a nice touch. I'm not very tall so I need all the help I can get! I will pass on this style. Neither style is figure flattering for me. I do like one of the colors shown however so I'm hoping it will be used a different style! A girl can always hope! 

Honored Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

I'm definitely NOT an expert.  They are pushing that they do not have a side seam.  I had always thought that a side seam helped you appear taller and thinner.  Which is what I definitely WANT!!!!.  I guess I am confused. 

Plus this ....oh go down a size with our jeans....Sorry I don't buy that....Most (not all) women want to buy a smaller size and it makes us feel better when we can do that.  It's a gimmick.  And that is all it is.  But that is just my opinion.

I have a pair of NYDJ....not from QVC, and yes I did buy a size smaller because the usual size was big, I am between a 10 and a 12, I ended up with an 8....they fit really well on me the waist is not to big, which is usually the problem for me.  I think the pants look to snug on the models.

I have no idea about the side seam making you look taller or leaner...

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few years ago, they offered crops as a TSV. I sized down. Big mistake. I felt like I was in a sausage casing. To make matters worse, the pants closed with a snap and it would open if I moved a certain way. I never bought them again. If I saw them ina brick and mortar store, I would see how the brand fit, but only if I could try them on first. It was an epic fail for my neighbor , as well. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Diane Gilman designed a jean with no side seams already. It's not an exclusive design to NYDJ.

Those were a TS on HSN on Sep 4.

DG2 by Diane Gilman SuperStretch Knit Denim Seamless Lea... - YouTube

Giuliana Rancic has done it, too, on HSN. @SilleeMee 

Occasional Contributor

I've never had a side seam twist on me. I don't know what they are talking aboutSmiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I have never experienced any twisting in jeans, but have experienced slipping at the waist in styles that have a high content of spandex in them. NYDJ's Marilyn cut is an example. I just can't wear Marilyn.  On the other hand, Ami styles have a slimmer cut and they fit me fine. I have three pairs of NYJD and all are Ami.  It was nice to see QVC have an Ami cut as a TSV. I put a dark wash (Marvelous) skinny in my cart, but did not complete the order because with every presentation I saw the jeans looked more and more like leggings to me.  I still might take the plunge on the black before midnight because my wardrobe is lacking in the black leggings that aren't exercise pants and these would help fill the void.   

Respected Contributor

I watched several presentations yesterday of these jeans ..

No one .. Host or models look good in them ... they are jeggings ...

As I have said before .. I'm glad I own what I already do ....