Respected Contributor

@Vivian  I wear a petite. When I wear a very high heel they are fine. They do run long for petite jeans. I am willing to have them altered because the rest of the fit is so good and the quality is there. I never found a pair of jeans that fit in the length so I am used to the extra cost. 

Respected Contributor
Agree about 30” inseam being no go for me. 27-28” is longest I go in petite. The pair Leah is wearing is bunched at ankle either wrong length or too long on her. I’ve heard enough of Oprah wearing on cover of her magazine.
Honored Contributor

This is not something I would order. There are so many different styles of NYDJ and not all of them work for every body type.  It takes a trip into a store trying on the various styles to find which is right for you.  And some people can size down and some people cannot.  I would need to know my size. 

They have NYDJ fairly regularly on Zulily for a very good price as well.  The price of these aren't anything special IMO.     

Respected Contributor

At 5’4” a 30” inseam is just right for me. At that height, however, I’m tall for a petite. One of the best pairs of jeans I ever bought was a pair of NYDJ short (not petite) jeans. They fit me like they were custom made for me. When buying NYDJ jeans, I buy my normal size. One size down is just too tight.

Contributor
Are they kidding with a 30 inch inseam for petite? They would drag on the floor on me as I don't wear heels; and I don't like the look of the cuffs on the petite model. Plus, the cost of hemming would negate the TSV price.
Respected Contributor

I LOVE my NYDJ jeans! However; as tempted as I am to buy these in "Rinse", I still feel the price is on the high side. I'm not cheapskate or penny pincher, but there are a number of places to buy the brand at lower price points. Nordstrom Rack has tons of them available. 6pm also has them, as does Zulily from time to time. 

I do think they run on the generous side in sizing. For the TSV, I'd go down 2 sizes. For the skinnier cuts, I go down one size. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

I'm thinking Ohprah might start advertizing QVC now.  Agree too much.  Had to turn Leah off

Super Contributor

I watched last night for a little bit and there is NO WAY Shawnie is a size 0 in these jeans and the tall blond Model and the pencil thin Model with the long curly hare were size 4 and 6. 

Shawn has more hips and next to them you can see it.  Shawn has a great shape but she needs to come true with her size.  My body type is similar to Shawn and if I were a size 2 in Jeans I would look sickly! And I agree enough with Oprah!

I have never purchased these jeans and would like to give them a try, but I don't want to size down and have to return them because they're to tight or vice-versa.

Respected Contributor

There's Oprah in her NYDJ looking slim and sleek on the cover of O. Then you see her on TV and she is nowhere near slim and sleek.

I watched briefly this AM because I wanted to see the presentation of these jeans.  I know most posters love Leah but that screechy voice, repeatedly saying how she styled herself after Oprah, made me change the channel.

Valued Contributor

these jeans look nice, but lately i do not trust any sizing on the Q anymore. I buy Diane Gilman jeans and i am always always an 8 petite, with no trouble or never a return. I just don't trust the sizing chart on these jeans. I don't want to look like a sausage stuffed into the casing. I have a lenthy history of returns lately and I don't want to get the "letter". my returns all because of irregular sizing.