Contributor

I bought these in Lovesick, size 14. I anxiously awaited them and tried them on when they arrived yesterday. At first, I said to myself that these were a keeper. But when I had them on a while, I realized that the rise came up to the bottom of my ribcage. I love the color, the stretch in them, and I think the length is okay, but after wearing them around the house a while, I noticed that the very high rise was really uncomfortable and they didn't hold me in like this brand should; and they seem to be a little big (I had to keep hiking them up). I have the NYDJ Marilyn in the Cool Embrace, size 14 and the fit is perfect. I was thinking this would be the same, but it's definately not.

Perhaps i should have sized down 2 sizes; I usually order my regular size in this brand, despite the Trust the Process mantra. I wish they would have mentioned that this particular style runs large and had an extremely high rise. Now I have to send back yet another pair of jeans (I also bought the D&C jeggings that were a TSV earlier in the month and they are just the opposite of these-hard to get on and overly constricting). Will I ever learn? I will have to just stick to Brick and Mortar shopping because I'm tired of waiting weeks for the item to get here, paying return shipping charges, and waiting weeks on end to hear if they received it.

Occasional Contributor
I was trying to figure out why some of us love the NYDJ TSV and others are so disappointed. I ordered the Lovesick color and for me the fit is great. I carry my weight in my stomach, hips and rear and I think because they take up so much room the waist doesn’t go up to my bra or rib cage but instead sits just above my natural waist with no drooping in the crotch. The pants are long but I think might shrink in the wash and are great with a chunky heel even if they don’t. I ordered the 10 regular length and went back and ordered an 8 to see if a slightly snugger fit would be flattering. These are the most comfortable jeans I own (including a pair of all elastic waist jeans). I love the color and the fact that I get no muffin top in the waistline.
Honored Contributor

I finally received my waitlisted jeans (2 pr.) and both are going right back tomorrow.  I sized down, as instructed, but these just aren't right.  In the hips and thighs they're great.  From the knees down, no bueno.  

Esteemed Contributor

Pass for many reasons.  First, the sizing. Second, they are a denim knit. Third the bootcut hem looks unfinished.  Fourth, I am tired of legging type jeans. Last Laurie Felt makes the best jeans ever.  The black model looks like she is stuffed in the jeans and should go one size larger.