Respected Contributor

The whole vanity size thing is a turnoff. If NYDJ and QVC know the whole one size down thing; why wouldn't they adjust their sizing so as not to confuse the buyer? I have an idea why. 📬 

I can't understand how anyone feels better when wearing this company's pants because you're supposedly a smaller size. 

When all your NYDJ pants are in the laundry and you have to put on your other jeans you're that size...your real size. 

Just because I can squeeze into a smaller size doesn't mean I'm looking 
good wearing it. 

Oh BTW when they featured that span sizing which included a  3 sizes span. I couldn't get them on, and I was in the middle of the size.

Trusted Contributor

This is just my opinion....and nothing against NYDJ...They might be great jeans.  I admit I have never tried them. 

I don't but this....size down a size.  To me that is a gimmick to make us feel better we are in a small size...WOW look I am in a small size....YEA right...But to me it's all a hook for these jeans.

ut like I said they still may be great jeans.  I don't know.  I just don't like the "size down with us gimmick"

Respected Contributor

Shawn said last year she weighed 140 and she looks about that weight. She should wear a 6-8. No way she could wear a 0-2. I weigh 118 pounds which is too thin for me and 5'7 and I don't like tight. I usually wear a 6. 

I couldn't imagine ordering a 0.

Amy is tiny and Shawn is not.

Honored Contributor

I've tried their jeans before.  Usually they have been capris or ankle length.  Some have worked out well and others not so much.  One pair the rise was much too short for me which is something that I didn't consider when checking out the measurements.

I was considering these jeans but realized the petite length was too long for me.  I don't wear heels nor do I want to spend more to get them hemmed.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS   I agree that some decision-makers-on-sizing for this brand may think it elevates how a woman thinks of herself. I, however, find that sort of marketing insulting.

As one who studies the social behavior and the psychology of marketing, having read the many reviews (I sized down and could not fit into it!) I think the reason they don't adjust their sizes to reality is that the way these jeans are designed, fit is consistently inconsistent. For many.

Earlier this year I tried a pair. I'm slender (not skinny), and size-down was WAY too small to get into.

Trusted Contributor

I'm giving these jeans one more try. I haven't worn jeans in decades, I can't get a comfortable fit. The NYDJ that I've tried seem to bunch in the crotch and the thighs, I feel like I'm carrying a load in the front of my pants LOL These jeans supposedly have a new fit with new technology, we'll see. I suppose it's possible that I've ordered the wrong size in the past, so I will size down as they recommend. 

Honored Contributor

Shawn is NOT a size 0! -- even in NYDJ jeans. Her vanity is misleading customers, and I'm sure it results in many unnecessary returns. She should be more honest with the viewers and own up to her actual size. It would make her more relatable. Many women gain a little weight as they get older!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@Thats Me  I was going to order until I saw the w starts At 18. I'll pass also!

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

Shawn said last year she weighed 140 and she looks about that weight. She should wear a 6-8. No way she could wear a 0-2. I weigh 118 pounds which is too thin for me and 5'7 and I don't like tight. I usually wear a 6. 

I couldn't imagine ordering a 0.

Amy is tiny and Shawn is not.

Amy is like a Polly Pocket especially compared to the larger hosts

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Did Mary Beth say what size she was wearing? She's always honest.