Esteemed Contributor

Is anyone getting this jean? I was looking at the petite and they have a 29" inseam.  It is too long for me. They keep saying to size down but I think it depends on your figure. Shawn said she sized down to a 0. Apparently, she is a size 2. It does make me wonder how the sizes run. I wonder what Amy will wear. 

Honored Contributor

I can tell you these are really popular, and a lot of women wear only these.

I'm not one of them. I've tried them twice. I've sized down and I've sized up. No luck. The back of my waist doesn't fit right. 

I'm lucky there are other brands that work for me. At QVC Belle jeans look great on me. I also have had luck with L.L. Bean and Lee.

I WISH I could wear these - they look so good on everyone!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Occasional Contributor
I have a pair of NYDJ shorts and I sized down 2 sizes. I’m wondering if I should do the same with these jeans.
Respected Contributor

If these are similar to the NYDJ 360 curve jeans, they run wider through the waist and hips.  I've purchased those in the past and my normal NYDJ size was too large.

Respected Contributor

My one experience with NYDJ turned me off to buying them off tv anymore.  I'm a real jeans gal...have many pair, different brands such as Banana Republic, Lucky, Paige, Chicos, Tribal, Jag...a solid size 4 in 2020. Pre-pandemic a 2/4, can still fit some of those (vanity sizing for brands like Chicos...a 2 fits like a 4 in their brand.)

2020, NYDJ had a TSV on Q, Marilyn straight leg jean. They still have the tags on them...never worn. After drilling into us to size down one...I bought a 2. I knew I had gained about 7 pandemic pounds by then, and only fitting into my 4's in all my jeans. I wanted a new pair I could wear then, not when I lost the weight. I bought the 2...too small. I gained about 6 more pounds after that. I've since lost 10 with a few more to go...those jeans are still too tight.

My other jeans for the most part fit me now. Not those.

Moral...I don't know about that "size down" thing. Had I bought my size, 4, they would have fit me. I should have returned them, but at the time I just figured...I'll take off the 7 lbs and they'll be fine. Plus they didn't have 4's available to exchange to by then!

But they are still too tight. So I just don't ever want to try them again. I also thought their straight leg was a bit wide, fit more like boot cut at the bottom. Flared out a bit.

I'll stick to the brands I know fit me well. 

As for Shawn...really? No body shaming here but.. She looks to me like a size 6. I'm definitely smaller than her and can't get into my size 2's! She's in a 0? I mean Amy would have to be a 000 if that's the case! It's all so misleading!

I don't mind a longer inseam, as with certain jeans I know I'll wear them with a boot or heel. I do always read garment measurements on everything too. Not doing NYDJ's from tv anymore. People here told me Nordstrom's carries them too if you want to go to a physical store and try them.

Good luck if you try them!

Regular Contributor
Not trying to body shame anyone but I have to agree with Amyb in regards to Shawn saying that she was in a size 0. I really like her as a host but the hosts should be required to state their true size. There was a model last night that was wearing a size 4 and she was clearly much much smaller than Shawn. But with that being said, I have several pairs of NYDJ jeans and some I love and some are blah but that’s only because of the difference in the fabric content which, in my opinion, also will determine whether you should order your normal size or size down as they recommend. It’s been my experience that anything with elastane in it (which I love) is going to relax more as you wearing it. I’m a true size 14 and have ordered size 12 in these jeans and size 14 a time or two and one time the twelve was too tight and another time the 14 was too loose. Again I say pay attention to the fabric content. And if you’re still really on the fence you can always order both sizes and just return the pair that doesn’t work for you. Hope this help.
Respected Contributor

I ordered a pair in 2 different sizes...hope one will fit, then I'll return the other. I checked the "click here" measurements, but still couldn't decide.

I haven't tried the NYDJ jeans before, but I did buy a pair of the ponte leggings last year and love them. I sized down on those as recommended--probably could've have gone 2 sizes down, but I'm a plus-size and didn't want them to be skin-tight. But they are very flattering in the size I chose, and unbelievably comfortable!

My only complaint about this TSV is WHY does every color have to be a different item number? I had to check every one to see the colors properly!

Respected Contributor

I totally agree with you @amyb ! Shawn in a 0? First, they look sausage- tight, which I find super uncomfortable. But I guess sausage tight sells more than looser- But I never wear jeans  that tight- 

I am a big time jeans wearing girl and size 4 but I have tried this brand, but never had luck with their "size down" shtick...  I don't even want to think if the money lost this year due to my returns!

Valued Contributor
Haha I agree with all you ladies. Not to be negative in any way but when said she was in a 0 I was questioning that size since the other model was smaller and in a size 4. Made me question these jeans.