Esteemed Contributor

Re: NYDJ TSV arrived and not a perfect fit!

This is a bit OT but it proves my point.

I also just  got the D&C and Laurie Felt jeans, 8P, and both brands are a perfect fit.   These NYDJ's are definitely defective. 

Respected Contributor

I received my second pair and they were worse than the first pair. One leg was shorter than the other! I can't believe how bad these were considering the TSV pair from February. Those are awesome and I wore them comfortably and they look and fall perfectly. These are boot cut but just the right width for a boot cut. This  TSV was a mini bootcut?? I don't know about that. Anyway,  I will not be swearing off NYDJ but I'm not too sure about purchasing any future TSV's from them on the Q.

Contributor

I have purchased many NYDJ jean's in the past, when they were USA made.

One of the many reasons why I purchased them...

I ordered my correct size and they always fit...

Well made, too...

Loved them.

Thought that I would try the TSV and they were way too tight for my liking..

IMO...The fabric was poor and the boot cut did not look right..

They looked ugly, too..

Back they went...

Trusted Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

I received my second pair and they were worse than the first pair. One leg was shorter than the other! I can't believe how bad these were considering the TSV pair from February. Those are awesome and I wore them comfortably and they look and fall perfectly. These are boot cut but just the right width for a boot cut. This  TSV was a mini bootcut?? I don't know about that. Anyway,  I will not be swearing off NYDJ but I'm not too sure about purchasing any future TSV's from them on the Q.

I also got th Feb TSV and the fit was perfect.  I learned a long time ago never to buy pull up style.  On me they were hard to get over my hips and then too big in the waist. I t hink the pull-up style  would only fit those who are built straight up and down without much difference between the waist and hips. JMO.

Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@usffan wrote:
I received mine yesterday and tried to put them on today. I wear a 12 so I ordered a large. Couldn’t get them past my knees. I’m so upset because I ordered three pairs and now I have to pay for shipping twice. Not fair because these are defective.

Like others, I'm marking mine defective and requesting a return shipping reimbursement 

I got a second pair in the light Denim and regular length.... they are too short and the pockets are TINY.  The waist and is tight and I'm going to send them both back as defective as well.  I think that only those who are at the lowest of the three sizes can wear these end if you're at the high end of the range these are totally mismarked or defective and I don't want to pay the return shipping for something I would have kept if the sizing wasn't incorrect.  I never wear a 6-10 sized pant so it didn't even occur to me to purchase the medium when in fact, that may have actually fit me.

Occasional Contributor

I wear a size 10 in these jeans and ordered the med which according to qvc would fit size 8-10...wayyy to tight could barely get them one....back they went. 

Occasional Contributor

I ordered the grey in medium  ( 6-8-10) and  I think the fit is a bit off.  I wear 8 in stores but 6 in NYDJ and they were hard to pull on but once i wiggled into them they fit OK.  I dont really care for the feel of the fabric as it seems heavy and stiff.  In their favor however, they do smooth out the stomach area.  Not returning but won't buy that style again.  I like the straight leg Marilyn style or I'll stay with the ones by Laurie Felt.

Respected Contributor

For me , any garment that requires wiggling into to get it on, is a big NO. That spells too tight and uncomfortable. I see this tsv disaster is only 2 stars on the reviews. I gave 1 star. 

Harmonize the World
Frequent Contributor

My pants are not tight.  I got a 2X and normally take a 20 or sometimes a 22.  Since it was 20-24, I thought it would be OK.  I feel they are a bit looser than I would prefer.  But I'm afraid a smaller size would be too small.  Plus they don't have any 1X available.  I got the Trinity.

I like the material and don't think it is too heavy.  It is also too long for me so I'll need to get it hemmed if I keep it.  I'm on the fence.

Contributor

Yes! I wear size 10 and have several pair of NYDJ I've purchased from Nordstrom, all size 10.  I bought the TSV size 10, and I can't squeeze into them.  I gave them to a friend who wears size 8 and they were too snug on her.  They recommended going one size down from your regular size, and I did not, but they still were way too small.  I will continue to buy my pants at the store as I've had terrible luck with pants on QVC. Usually they're too big.