Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

These must run very large. Shawn said she is in a 0, and I'm sure I'm 2 sizes smaller than her, so I guess they don't make them in my size ! And a petite 30" hem is just silly-  No, not trying these, they are a sure fire return- 

I too was surprised when Shawn said she was wearing a 0.  Shawn once said she weighs around 140.  If she's wearing a 0, what  size should the very slim women buy?

I heard her say that as well and I don't believe her. There are tiny tiny models that look so much smaller than Shawn and they wear a 0. I weigh 132 and 5'8 and I wear a size 8. I was a size 4 years ago and looked way too thin. She doesn't look thin.

NYJ are very different from regular jeans.  The belly and rear end are roomier.  The reason for the name.  So if don't need the extra room, you size down. True vanity sizing. The only thing I like about them is that they are real jeans.  Zip and button closure.  I first saw them years ago at Norstrom. 

Valued Contributor

I found a question about the size. Apparently the NYDJ chart is acctual body measurement.The click here chart is the actual size of the garment. I hope I measured right! Nothing is left if I didn't!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have 3 pair bought months ago.  I sized down one size & had to return for my regular size.  Sales ploy to size down for ladies to buy & think they will look great.

Super Contributor

I have a pair of their jeans and the fabric is so heavy.  They were tight, I had to get my normal size. 

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

These must run very large. Shawn said she is in a 0, and I'm sure I'm 2 sizes smaller than her, so I guess they don't make them in my size ! And a petite 30" hem is just silly-  No, not trying these, they are a sure fire return- 

I too was surprised when Shawn said she was wearing a 0.  Shawn once said she weighs around 140.  If she's wearing a 0, what  size should the very slim women buy?

I heard her say that as well and I don't believe her. There are tiny tiny models that look so much smaller than Shawn and they wear a 0. I weigh 132 and 5'8 and I wear a size 8. I was a size 4 years ago and looked way too thin. She doesn't look thin.

NYJ are very different from regular jeans.  The belly and rear end are roomier.  The reason for the name.  So if don't need the extra room, you size down. True vanity sizing. The only thing I like about them is that they are real jeans.  Zip and button closure.  I first saw them years ago at Norstrom. 

my favorite jeans are still Lee Riders from years ago that fit me to a T. I don't like all the stetch in jeans and prefer just cotton. I wish I had never bought all the jeans I bought last year, they don't stay up for me.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a pair yesterday though the color I wanted was sold out.  I've never had this brand before but saw there were different lengths being offered yet no one ever mentioned the lengths on air (I think, unless I just missed it).  Someone said the length is 32".  If that's so, I'm going to cancel.  Can anyone confirm?

Honored Contributor

I have never understood the sizing on these and when the hosts and vendor go over the size chart, it just makes it more confusing.  They put up the chart, go over everything on it and then say size down.  If we are sizing down 1 size from the size chart, why not adjust the chart?  If the chart is already 1 size down from what one would typically wear, then stop telling people to size down after putting the chart up.  Just tell people to follow the size chart. 

I am 5'4" tall and I normally wear a 32" inseam in bottoms.  I wouldn't order these from QVC though especially if this was my first time ordering. There are so many styles of NYDJ that I really think it requires that you go to a store and try on the various styles to see which fits you best and figure out sizing. 

I wish people would quit thinking they can look at someone and know what size they are.  Or think they know someone's size because they say how tall they are and how much they weigh.  People can be the exact same height and weight and take 2 different sizes depending on how that weight is distributed.    

Honored Contributor

NYDJ are decent quality. But if you are very thin and average height, even their smallest size may not work for you. The petite may be okay in length but too roomy elsewere

I do think that their whole concept is based on making women, perhaps those who are a bit older, feel comfortable in jeans. I did like them but had to find a better fit for me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Has anyone's TSV jeans order shipped yet?  I ordered several at midnight. The status said Preparing Your Order for a few days and just now changed to Backorder.  

Contributor

Mine arrived today and I will have to return them because they are too short. I ordered a petite based on the inseam measurement but I need the regular length. It doesn't look like there are any left in stock, though.