Trusted Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Petite length at 30" is way too long.

Couldn't agree more about the length. However, no jeans fit me as well as NYDJ,  so I do buy them and just alter them myself. Right now I don't need any more so will pass on these

Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

They are so long....I never wear heels with my jeans.   I am 5 feet 7 inches and a 32 length would be way to long.  I am not having anything altered especially at this price. 

Then you can imagine how I feel about a 30" inseam for those of us petites at 5'1" !

Respected Contributor

'How fun they'll look cuffed at the hem.' Really? Er, no, they'll just look like they were too long. They're almost dragging the floor with those wearing heels. It's a pass for me.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

These must run very large. Shawn said she is in a 0, and I'm sure I'm 2 sizes smaller than her, so I guess they don't make them in my size ! And a petite 30" hem is just silly-  No, not trying these, they are a sure fire return- 

I too was surprised when Shawn said she was wearing a 0.  Shawn once said she weighs around 140.  If she's wearing a 0, what  size should the very slim women buy?

I heard her say that as well and I don't believe her. There are tiny tiny models that look so much smaller than Shawn and they wear a 0. I weigh 132 and 5'8 and I wear a size 8. I was a size 4 years ago and looked way too thin. She doesn't look thin.

Valued Contributor

I am totally confused by their sizing. I ordered my regular size. There is no way I can do a 43 hip in the 16. So I went with the 18w & that's 47. Why such a huge jump?  Of course if they don't fit they will not have a replacement. Does anyone know if these shrink??? I know Lauri Felt jeans do. HELP!

Trusted Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

These must run very large. Shawn said she is in a 0, and I'm sure I'm 2 sizes smaller than her, so I guess they don't make them in my size ! And a petite 30" hem is just silly-  No, not trying these, they are a sure fire return- 

I too was surprised when Shawn said she was wearing a 0.  Shawn once said she weighs around 140.  If she's wearing a 0, what  size should the very slim women buy?

I heard her say that as well and I don't believe her. There are tiny tiny models that look so much smaller than Shawn and they wear a 0. I weigh 132 and 5'8 and I wear a size 8. I was a size 4 years ago and looked way too thin. She doesn't look thin.

@luvmyteddy4  It makes it difficult for people to decide whether or not they should size down if hosts who look bigger than me say that they're wearing a size smaller than what I know I should order in this style. I have Marilyn jeans. I usually wear a 4 and have them in a 4P, and I'm 5'1" and 117# (today Woman Tongue). They fit well and are really comfortable. I ordered the TSV in a 2P after looking at the garment measurements. I won't be sad if I have to return them since I already have too much denim anyway, but I don't have white NYDJ jeans. My Marilyns and the Laurie Felt ft me best. I can't do DG at all and have wasted too much money trying to make those work. 

Valued Contributor

Usually the tall pants I buy are 31" or 32". Theses will be perfect if the rise isn't too short! The rise is the same in ever length!

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Yes this is a mystery!  Amy S. looks to be a 0 or 00 in this line right? 

Respected Contributor

Im 5'6 and I always buy the petite.  Regulars are just too long if you dont wear heels.

Honored Contributor

See what the length is on the petities, that might work better for you.