Esteemed Contributor
Accepted Solution

NO PETITES! NO TALLS! THE FORGOTTEN.

I love Issac's line.  I love today's TSV.  But, why no petites?????Woman Frustrated

The IM line carries petites in long/ankle pants.  But, completely disregards the needs of petites - or talls for that matter - in coats, jackets, dresses, blouses and tees.  As a designer, he knows the needs of talls and petites:  yet, fails to address them.Woman Mad

He carries a full range of sizing from 0 to plus sizes.  There is no viable excuse to not carry petites and talls as well.  It's discriminatory to only carry regulars.

Well, unless QVC and their "designers" don't begin carrying a complete size range, they've lost my business.  I'm tired of seeing a petite model looking ridiculous while hosts/vendors say how great it looks when in reality it looks ill-fitting!Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: NO PETITES! NO TALLS! THE FORGOTTEN.

@eddyandme wrote:

I love Issac's line.  I love today's TSV.  But, why no petites?????Woman Frustrated

The IM line carries petites in long/ankle pants.  But, completely disregards the needs of petites - or talls for that matter - in coats, jackets, dresses, blouses and tees.  As a designer, he knows the needs of talls and petites:  yet, fails to address them.Woman Mad

He carries a full range of sizing from 0 to plus sizes.  There is no viable excuse to not carry petites and talls as well.  It's discriminatory to only carry regulars.

Well, unless QVC and their "designers" don't begin carrying a complete size range, they've lost my business.  I'm tired of seeing a petite model looking ridiculous while hosts/vendors say how great it looks when in reality it looks ill-fitting!Woman Sad

I'm only 5' tall, so I know how frustrating it is, but it's not discrimination. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a petite jean jacket from Lands End.It’s perfect!! With coupons & discounts I got the jacket for $42  plus free shipping!!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@eddyandme. It's hard to imagine someone would expect that little short, chopped off jacket to be available in petites.  If they made it any shorter, it would be called a bra.

Discriminatory?   I think not.  QVC is within their rights to stock what they, based on their experience, think will sell.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  I agree with you.QVC can do whatever they want.It’s their company.Being petite my issue with the jean jacket Is the sleeves.They are way to long for me.

When QVC doesn’t have what I need I go elsewhere. There are lots of petite people who shop. If QVC doesn’t want our business.Then we will take our money somewhere else.I have no problem with that at all!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland@Kachina624

Imho, it's discriminating by omission.    Certainly not including petites and talls does not affect their bottom line so they will continue to do it. 

Given my body type this cropped jacket would not be cropped on me which prevents me from ordering this tsv.  I assume it might not properly fit a tall person either.  And, it would be nice if it had been offered to all.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's IM who won't offer petites and talls, it's the buyers who will not order in those sizes. I remember Louis D saying that during more than one of his shows. It's the buyers who are the discriminators.

Contributor

SG seems unable to present any dress or skirt for petite either no matter how many requests. 

Frequent Contributor

Amy said during Lisa Rinna's earlier show for petites it was "no problem, just go to the tailor".  Um, no I will not go to the tailor for my everyday clothing. Why should I add to the price of my clothes. Qvc needs more petite models under 5 '2.  And quite trying to sell me LOGO because Amy and Sharon can wear it, I am not buying it. Logo is not for petites in any way, shape or form.

Respected Contributor

@mwmc wrote:

Amy said during Lisa Rinna's earlier show for petites it was "no problem, just go to the tailor".  Um, no I will not go to the tailor for my everyday clothing. Why should I add to the price of my clothes. Qvc needs more petite models under 5 '2.  And quite trying to sell me LOGO because Amy and Sharon can wear it, I am not buying it. Logo is not for petites in any way, shape or form.

I'm petite and that's the dumbest comment ever.  Petite clothing is not only shorter but buying a regular and making it petite pretty much requires deconstructing the whole garment and putting it back together.  I am a size large but my shoulders are narrow so the seams hang down of them and then the sleeves are too long.  If pants aren't petite you can't just lop off the bottoms without adjusting the side seams and rise.  

Oh yeah, I'm gonna buy already overpriced clothes and pay a lot for S/H and then take them and pay even more to make them fit - NOT!!