Honored Contributor

Re: NINESTARS Trash Can TSV 5/19

@SharonZ wrote:

I like the looks of this, but it doesn't appear that I can use plastic trash bags with it.

@SharonZ , some of these come with a ring liner only that holds your plastic trash bags in place.  Some come with a plastic "bucket" so to speak. 

I don't own this brand but I own one of these types of trash cans.  Mine did come with the plastic bucket liner but I use a plastic trash back inside that.  To be honest I wish mine had the ring liner instead.  

Trusted Contributor

Wish they had some type of pet lock on these cans.  My dogs would very quickly figure out how to open the Touchless cans.

I have a pretty basic Simple Human garbage can that allows me to lock the top

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like the looks of this but the $7.50 s/h is offputting.  I'm going to check Bed Bath & Beyond and see if I can get something comparable with a 20% coupon, or even Kohl's with 30% off.  I don't need a special color, stainless steel is fine.

Honored Contributor

We have a Nine Stars motion sensor trash can and love it.  We had one prior to our current one.  That lasted about 18 years and we could've replaced just the cover, but decided to buy a new one.

If our current one wasn't relatively new, I'd be interested in this, but I'd buy it from Sam's Club.  Same price but with free shipping.

The Nine Stars can has a plastic ring inside that hold a standard 13.2 gallon trash bag.  They do demonstrate this in the video presentation.  You don't see the bag at all once you put the cover back on.

There is also a button on the front of this one to lock it.  Again, that's mentioned in the demo.

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I really like the looks of this but the $7.50 s/h is offputting.  I'm going to check Bed Bath & Beyond and see if I can get something comparable with a 20% coupon, or even Kohl's with 30% off.  I don't need a special color, stainless steel is fine.

@Suzeecat , I would definitely look around.  I believe Wayfair has this brand as well.

Honored Contributor

$70 is a lot for a trash can, even one that's smart.  I lost it when Leah asked the vendor's rep to "give us a tour of the trash can."

Honored Contributor

It's the perfect height for my golden retriever's head to open the lid and find 'goodies'. 

Honored Contributor

I'm really looking forward to David's presentation tonight.  He used to wax poetic wth such emotion about the SimpleHuman sensor trash can that he said he had in his own home, and absolutely loved.  I know, I know -- it's all sales, but I'm interested in how he'll pitch this one.

Honored Contributor

I bought a previous version from Costco many years ago.  It doesn't have the name on it anywhere, actually looks like VST on the lid, but there's a label inside that gives contact info as Ninestars.  It came with a 2nd small automatic can that I use in the bathroom.  It worked great for us until early last year or late 2019 when it started continually opening/closing.  CS did give us some possible fixes for it, but none of them worked.  The one in the bathroom still works great.  It has a separate can inside instead of the plastic band, but I don't need a plastic bag inside the can in the bathroom.

I'm going to give this one a try.  The other one I had worked great for us a long time, so I can't really complain.  This is a sleeker design, and I'm glad they moved the battery compartment to the back of the lid instead of inside of the lid.

Respected Contributor

I am VERY disapointed with this- I really looked forward to getting it-When I first opened it today, I noticed a large dent on the side,  and even worse,  when I put the bag inside and put the batteries in, it would not turn on...I thought, maybe  there is a trick to it? likemaybe you have to hold hte button down for 5 seconds?...no..10 seconds....? no..Maybe the new batteries I put in it, were not so good- I tried  two more sets of batteries...No luck

It looks like they send me someone elses return..Not happy- sure I guess I can package it all up, wrestle it into my 2 door car, take time off work so I can get to the post office when they are open...but is it really too much to expect to receive somehting that WORKS, and is in new condition?