Valued Contributor

I got the TSV My Pillow in Light. I followed the instructions re: what to do before using it. I slept on it and woke up with the worst neck pain. I am a side sleeper and am I supposed to bunch the pillow up and make it into a smaller pillow? I see alot of little bumps in the pillow and I guess that is the way it is supposed to be? I will not return because it takes too much effort. I held off buying this for years and I am disappointed. I was afraid the Medium would be too firm. Any suggestions how to make this work? 

Valued Contributor

I got the light because I am a small in a tee shirt size and also have narrow shoulders.

Respected Contributor

@elruth Oh what a shame....if my neck is not working, neither am I. I have to be really careful what pillow I buy...and did not get this brand. I got one in the city where I live and it's made in my city. I am a side sleeper and sleep low down. I can't do lumps...

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

@elruth    Yes, you do adjust it to you by scrunching it.  You should rewatch any of the video presentations.  I would also fluff it in the dryer agian.  It is entirely possible that you might have needed the medium instead.   I love this pillow.  Hope you can resolve your issue.  I have neck issues with other pillows, not with this one.

Honored Contributor

I am also a side sleeper. On Christmas Day, we put the pillows in the dryer and I have not done one thing to the pillow since then, except change pillow cases. 

Sorry, you have not found yours as comfortable as I found mine. I really am impressed, I did not think it would be as comfortable as it is.

Honored Contributor

@elruthwrote:

I got the TSV My Pillow in Light. I followed the instructions re: what to do before using it. I slept on it and woke up with the worst neck pain. I am a side sleeper and am I supposed to bunch the pillow up and make it into a smaller pillow? I see alot of little bumps in the pillow and I guess that is the way it is supposed to be? I will not return because it takes too much effort. I held off buying this for years and I am disappointed. I was afraid the Medium would be too firm. Any suggestions how to make this work? 

Maybe you got the wrong size. Put it in the dryer again. DH and I have used these pillows for years now and wouldn’t change. If you get a medium, use the light pillow behind your back or under your arm or between your knees if you’re a side sleeper. There are many other ways to use these. We use the travel pillows too. Highly recommend. But as with any product, one size doesn’t fit all.

Respected Contributor

@elruth  You have to sort of shape it to fit your neck.  I usually punch a dent into the middle where I put my head and then make sure it is perfectly bunched up where my neck goes.  This is what makes it "my pillow for you.  Once you figure out what works for you, it takes only a second or two every night.

Hope this helps.

Valued Contributor

@elruth I agree with other posters, put it back in dryer to fluff up again. And yes you have to scrunch it to your liking.

DH loved my pillow right away. Fell asleep in record time. It took me about a week to get use to it. I too had neck pain. I switched between my pillow and my old pillow until I got use to it. Now I love it, no more neck pain. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Esteemed Contributor
@elruth , The.beauty of these pillows is that they can be adjusted so that it's like a custom fit for each sleeper.
Assuming Light is the correct choice for your frame, just scrunch it into the hollow of your neck until your head and neck are comfortably supported. When you let go, the pillow will stay in that supportive position instead of flattening out from the weight of your head.
Thanks to My Pillow, I'm sleeping so soundly that I'm dreaming again!
Honored Contributor

I had the original MyPillow and could not adjust it in any way so that I would not wake up with awful neck pain, never felt any relief for me!!  I went back to my old pillow style.... Woman Sad.    

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*