Contributor

My Luminara lantern arrived broken

I received my 3 lanterns that I ordered from the TSV. The 2 bronze one's were fine, my slate one arrived broken. The glass is smashed. Now I have to ship it back snail mail (I have a daily UPS pickup at work) and use their slow Newgistics label. You would think being a broken item that there would be an option for them to send out a UPS label for faster delivery. I would like a replacement but now I will have to wait weeks before I get it (if its in stock).

Valued Contributor

Re: My Luminara lantern arrived broken

@MOMOF2BOYS, did you call CS first?  A while back I ordered one of the Luminara mini lanterns, and it arrived with broken glass.  CS told me to throw it away and not return it, and they shipped a new one to me which arrived intact.  Talk to them first if you haven't done so already.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, call customer service.  My 19" arrived with broken glass.  I called them and they are sending out a replacement immediately and I scheduled a pickup for the broiken one and it's on its way back.  I'm not supposed to be charged for the new one, but I'll have to monitor and make sure.

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@MOMOF2BOYS wrote:

I received my 3 lanterns that I ordered from the TSV. The 2 bronze one's were fine, my slate one arrived broken. The glass is smashed. Now I have to ship it back snail mail (I have a daily UPS pickup at work) and use their slow Newgistics label. You would think being a broken item that there would be an option for them to send out a UPS label for faster delivery. I would like a replacement but now I will have to wait weeks before I get it (if its in stock).

@MOMOF2BOYS I apologize that this Luminara lantern arrived broke. I have sent you an email regarding this order. Thank you for shopping and posting with us in our Community forums.

~Kim

Contributor

Ditto what others have said. We received a broken Luminara last uear. I called CS and they were super ... said to toss the broken item and they shipped a replacement pronto. No fuss, no muss and no need to ship back the broken item. The replacement arrived within a few days and it was just fine. No worries, stuff happens! 

Contributor

Thank you, I was contacted by customer service and they did tell me to throw that one away and they are shipping a new one out. Very nice.

Honored Contributor

Customer service is really good about not making people ship back broken glass. They most always send out a replacement immediately.

Always contact customer service and if not satisfied, ask for a supervisor. 

Also, even when you do have to ship back a damaged item, there is always the option to simply purchase the replacement so it will ship out right away while still in stock, then have the damaged/defective item handled as a refund. I never wait for my return to be processed, I go ahead and order a replacement right away.

Contributor

Last year, I also received a Luminara lantern with broken glass.  I contacted CS immediately and they advised me to return it and they promptly sent out a replacement.  A week after I received my replacement, another lantern arrived that I did not order.  I checked my account and I was charged for the second lantern.  It turned out OK, I decided to keep the second and have them glowing on either end of my mantle.  QVC mistake, but I'm glad it happened.